Saturday, April 6, 2013

Damn Little Bee...






Damn Little Bee...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

I looked for a dragonfly today, instead found a bee
It flew all around looking for a place to land
I was sorry that I did not want it to land on me
It would have surely stung me... this is what I thought

But... then, I think I judged it just 'knowing' it would
I had on my favorite perfume, it was in my fluffy hair
I just know it would have stung me because I smelled so good
I could have stung my own self... I smelled like a flower!

Oh, beautiful-smelling me with my fluffy, good-smelling hair
The wind blew it all around my face, getting in my eyes
Making me lose track of that little bee
Oh, where is it... where is it?  I know it's going to sting me!

I pulled my hair away from my face, I didn't see a bee
The wind felt wonderful so, I let my hair blow free
Oh, how great life felt I thought as I closed my eyes
Until... that damn little bee stung me!

No comments:

Post a Comment