Sunday, November 24, 2013

I Wonder... Am I Getting Old?



I'm Wonder... Am I Getting Old?
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee



















Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee... 2013



The chill seeped into my bones
As I made myself ready for bed
I feel aches, pains that I never felt before

Am I finally getting old
Is that why my bones are aching
Is that why I find it hard to straighten

Winter weather is surely coming
I feel it 'in my bones'
Haven't you heard old-timers say this

We are going to have some winter weather
The temperatures are going crazy
I think it's going to snow later this week

I've either become a weather forecaster
Or... somehow, old age has snuck up on me!
The weather must be going to get rugged

These aches, pains are really acting up
I can hardly stand up for the stiffness
When I sit... it hurts, too!

Come on, old lady... get your ass up
Just because of a few pains, you can't just sit there
Get up, get up... you can't get old!

I stand myself up... slowly, thinking the whole time
Mmmm-mmm... for the first time, I've never felt such
I think I'm getting old... no, I know I'm getting old

Does this mean that I'll give up, fall on my face
To never walk again, to lay back and complain
Hell no!  No matter what, I'll keep going

My body is used to pain, hurt it will
Sometimes, more... sometimes ... not as much
I'm going to make myself get up and go

I wonder if I'm getting old, you know
Because I move like the walking dead
Tottering this way, that

I moan, groan, and even growl
The pain forces such sounds from me
I wonder am... I'm getting old?




Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. We're all getting old. It's just a shame that we have to creak like furniture :( Glucosamine Chondroitan helps the creaks. It acts like WD-40 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we are all getting older! I am right behind you in age so if you are getting old----so am I. We can get old together! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete