Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I Won't Be Here... I'll Be There



I Won't Be Here... I'll Be There
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates













If I die, would you notice if I were gone
Would you see the empty space I left behind
Before things shuffled, filling it in


Would you miss the sound of my voice
The brightness of my smile
Could you possibly... miss 'me'


I only mean something to one person
One person in this world
Everyone is gone, even my only child


Sometimes, I wonder when I already know
That some people would really care
Some would shed a tear or two


When I die, it will be a private affair
No one will need to come to see my body
I don't let anyone come to watch me sleep


Sleeping is a personal thing
Dying is personal, too
I don't want anyone to come stare at me


No one needs to know when I'm gone
No one needed to know when I was here
Let me rest in peace


Cremate my body, free my soul
Let the fire change my body to ashes
Be placed in a beautiful chest with painted roses


Maybe one day my ashes will be scattered in the wind
To swirl, dance, play in the air
My ashes will become dust in the wind


I will be ashes to ashes, dust to dust
I will be until I'm no more
I won't be here... but, I will be there


If I die, don't come looking for me
You didn't find me when I lived
I won't be here... I'll be there

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. You know I will miss you!!! Who would not miss their best friend???? You are like my daughter because she wants to be cremated too. She and her husband had already planned that years ago. Good thing they talked about that because he passed away about 3 years ago. He was cremated because that is what he wanted. Once you are cremated, if you want your ashes scattered in the wind---you need to let the person that has your ashes know that is what you want done. I do hope it will not be any time soon!!! I love you Gloria!! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete