Saturday, February 22, 2014

Kissed By A Wasp!

Kissed By A Wasp!
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee




















Laughing Granny Gee/aka Gloria Faye Brown Bates...  Summer of 2013



It was so hot, standing in the sunshine
My head was damp with perspiration, my hair curled up
I pulled my shirt away from my skin to let air in

My skin felt cool only for a moment
I couldn't stand there fanning myself forever
I wanted to go inside... but, I had a ways to go

A pesky, big-ass wasp began to fly around my face
I waved my hand gently, hoping not to piss him off
I didn't want him flying into my eyes, mouth, nose

I had the heebie-jeebies... I'm afraid of wasps
Have you ever been kissed by a wasp
A kiss by a wasp... hurts like hell

The wasp didn't take kindly to the wave of my hand
He began to buzz closer to my face giving me cold chills
Get away, you damn wasp!  Get away!

Now, I was afraid the wasp was going to sting me
He was mad... I could hear it in his buzz
I began to run, shaking my head this way, that way!

Didn't make no difference.... that old wasp flew in my face
Looked me in the eyes... and grinned
That wasp gave me a kiss... a kiss that hurt like hell

Right on my upper lip... making it swell up big
The pain shot through my head, oh... how it hurt!
I've been kissed by a wasp... it hurts like hell!

1 comment:

  1. I have been kissed by a wasp but not anywhere on my head! I have been very fortunately about that. I don't like it either! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete