Friday, February 14, 2014

Refrigerator-Freezer MailBox...



Refrigerator-Freezer MailBox...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee


















Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee...... Summer of 2013




I had already placed beautiful strawberry plants on the top shelf, never thinking 'how odd' it was to place them... there.

My mother, who is deceased.... handed me a half honeydew melon.  She had wrapped it in Glad plastic wrap.  She told me to go put it in the refrigerator so, when the mailman came... he could get it.  I took it from her... walked out to place it in the refrigerator.

As I stood there, I looked at the shelves in the refrigerator... I had placed strawberry plants on the shelf; now... I'd just placed a honeydew melon on the second shelf.

I couldn't keep the door open long... the shelves below... were in the freezer section.  There were tv dinners on one of the shelves... the boxes were in a neat row.  The mailman sure had a lot of good stuff in there!

I stood there a moment... a new thought came to my mind.  Where does... that mailman put the mail in this new refrigerator?  I decided that only he knew best... and later, when I came back... I would find out once I opened the door.

I woke up... thought about this dream... who has ever heard of a refrigerator-freezer ... mailbox?!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. That was a different dream! Nope I have never heard of a refrigerator-freezer--mailbox! Then again, you can come up with some names and ideas! AND they are all good ones! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete