Friday, March 28, 2014

A Memory Drifted By In My Mind...

A Memory Drifted By In My Mind...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/ aka Granny Gee

 

I sit here in my world that's been sad

Feeling happy, light-hearted deep in my soul

Thoughts, memories stirring in me of

My lover, my best friend ... my hero

I am sitting here looking inside my mind

I can't see you, because you aren't there

I see my thoughts, I hear them.. too

I can't feel them with my hands, I can with my heart

I see a memory coming closer

It's of me standing on tiptoes to place a kiss

On your sweet lips, I kiss your nose, too

I love you my... husband, with my very heart

The memory floated away in my mind

Just as another memory drifted in

There you are smiling at me, love in your eyes

Do you know how dear you are to me?

I feel a softness in my face, in my heart, when I think of you

I love you, my husband, my lover, my best friend

You are my life, my world ... my hero

As that memory floats away ... we make more memories to take its place

I love you, my husband, my lover, my best friend

You are my life, my world ... my hero

I feel a softness in my face, in my heart, when I think of you

As I think of you, see you ... a memory is taking its place at this moment

Note:

I was thinking of Skip as I wrote this ... I read it to him ... I said to him, "I wrote this thinking of you." Skip said, "I can tell, it's self-explanatory." :)))

I just smiled, nodded... sometimes, even after twenty-plus years, a shyness can pop up out of nowhere ... sweet, special ... you know what I'm speaking of ... remember experiencing it when first meeting the love of your life?

I still feel that soft, so sweet shyness with my husband sometimes. When I do ... it rates stopping for a moment to take a closer look ... I only smile more ... when I do.

I love you, Skip ... I love you to my dying day. If I died at this moment, I will have known, loved the best husband, best friend ... in this whole-wide ... world. Love Your Wife, Gloria :)))
 
 

1 comment:

  1. That was so sweet!! You and Skip were made for each other. You two are soul makes. You are the perfect couple. I hope some day to find someone that can be my soul mate! That would be nice but I am not going to hold my breath! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete