Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I Don't Need To Go On Jerry Springer Show... I Told Skip My Secret That I Kept For Years...

I Don't Need To Go On Jerry Springer Show... I Told Skip My Secret That I Kept For Years...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee






Slices of soft bread lined the countertop where I was making sandwiches.  I went to the refrigerator to get the deli meats to put on each.  I didn't forget the cheese...

I had on my mind a confession I wanted to make to Skip.  One about love...  In fact, once I told him, I would back it up with photos, so... he could understand.  You know how life is... we do things... sometimes.

I wanted him to know what I have... unknowingly... to him... been doing.  I've been committing this... act... over and over... he never knew it.

You know how it is... one thing leads to another.... and before you know... a lot of time has passed... and .... you are still doing it.  I was still doing it... with passion, love.  Now... it's time to tell Skip...

I was wondering if I should contact Jerry Springer Show... make a big deal out of it... like everyone else does?  Would you help me make a decision?

When I tell you... you'll understand what's been on my mind.  I know I should have probably felt guilty all these years doing what I have done...  I know I should, but... I have to say... I'm not.

Don't look at me that way, please.  You'll understand in just a moment what I've been doing secretly for years.  You might decide... you could do it... get away with it, like I have.

I look at the bread slices lined up on the countertop... I'm about to do it again.  I always feel good when I do what I'm about to do... it has to do with the... secret.  Actually... IT is the secret.

I go back to the refrigerator... I reached for the squeeze bottle of... mustard.  NOW... it's almost time to do what I love to do, have done unknowing to Skip... all these years.

I just called Skip ... to come see.  I decided I don't need to go on Jerry Springer Show... I told Skip he'd understand when I showed him photos of what I've been doing all this time.  I told him, I needed to make a confession to him... I can't live with not telling him anymore.

I showed him two photos.  He stood looking at them, as I told him what I have kept secret for so long.  He just stood there....

I saw a light come in his eyes... watched as his lips began... to smile.  You know what he said to me?  "I love you, Monst".

I will tell you now, what I've been doing.  I've been using the squeeze mustard bottle to ....

To draw inside of each of Skip's sandwiches.  I draw, I write ... in mustard.... I write the words, "I Love You".

You can see the hearts I drew inside his bread slices.  He knows now, that for all these years, whenever I make him a sandwich... it's been full of... love.

I don't need to go on Jerry Springer Show, now.  I told Skip my secret... that I kept from him for years.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Wonder how many of your fans thought you might have had a terrible secret????? I knew better!! You are right----Skip will know you are sending love without knowing it! That was a great idea! You are a sneaky little person aren't you??? That is ok. We all love you anyway!! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete