Thursday, May 1, 2014

This Was Not The Place To Be Doing That!

This Was Not The Place To Be Doing That!
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee




Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee ... 2013



We drove into the parking lot of the bank.  We were waiting for one of Skip's friends to meet us there.

While we were sitting there... we were people-watching, looking to see Skip's friend drive up.  We had no idea which vehicle he'd drive to meet us.  He has five vehicles.

There was a bandanna folded neatly, laying on the console.  It was dark blue, and white.  I picked it up, asked Skip how did cowboys out west use the bandanna when it was dusty.

Skip took the bandanna out of my hands, began to fold it the way cowboys fold it.  He began to bring it up to put on his face....

I panicked, yelled at him!  No!  I don't think this is a good place to be putting a bandanna over your face!

Skip quickly put his hands down, laid the bandanna back on the console.  We began laughing... I was looking around to see if anyone noticed.  Thankfully, no one did!

Just weeks ago... this same bank was robbed by a man who lived on the next street!  They found him in his basement with the money!

This wasn't the place to be doing that!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! I would have loved to have seen that!! You are right! That wasn't the place to be doing that. I do wish I could have been a fly on the windshield and see that! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you,and I have never lost a child, but my mum lost 2 sons (my brothers, Michael and Roy) and I know how that feels. Something about the way you have, and still are, dealing with the loss of your beloved child,Tommy, has touched my heart. Blog, blog, blog Gloria, you have a huge heart and I reckon your Tommy lives in the love-filled centre of it.

    ReplyDelete