Friday, July 25, 2014

What Did You Say, Little Boy?

What Did You Say, Little Boy?
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee





 










Tommy had been playing, ran in to visit his great-Grandma Alma.  Photo is owned by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee


I was sitting in the car, both windows were completely down. My son who was sitting there with me. We had been waiting for someone who was in a store. My son was getting impatient ... he wanted to run, play.

Tommy was just a little boy of four. Full of energy ... at the age that one never knows what is going to come out of a child's mouth.

A tall, blonde woman walked by. She did have the 'biggest' boobs I'd ever seen on a woman. One couldn't help but, notice. Who would think a little boy would ... notice?

If I could have known .... Tommy turned his head toward the open window as she walked by. "Oh, what big tiddies you have"!

I couldn't believe my little boy said such! He'd never done that before. The sad thing was ... I was a young girl ... and my reaction was to begin laughing, hysterically! I couldn't help it ... I began sliding under the steering wheel, trying to hide in the floor!

What made it worse was ... that big, blonde woman turned around ... come back, stuck her head down to the open window, and said ... "what did you say, little boy"?

I apologized to her, all the while laughing like something crazy. I couldn't stop laughing to save my life! She could tell by my eyes I was so sorry ... though ... my mouth couldn't quit laughing.

Thankfully ... that blonde woman ... found humor in the whole situation, too!

.........

Photo Credit: Any photo I use is owned by me ... #GloriaFayeBrownBates/aka #GrannyGee

Story is true story; it really happened when Tommy was a little fellow. Story is written in my words; owned by me ... #GloriaFayeBrownBates/aka #GrannyGee

Note:

On the news this morning, I saw about a little four year old boy being banned from a donut place he went to with his mother. All because the owner said he was rude. All he did was ask a woman if she was pregnant.

My 'Gloria Opinion' is ... children are taught to be open, to say what they feel, think in 'today's time'. Tommy, as an only child, was used to being talked to by adults. Children are even more open, today.

I felt bad for the child being banned from an establishment, for that comment. He didn't say anything bad. You can think what you want ... this happens to be my opinion. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a cute story about your Tommy. I would have been laughing uncontrollably too. As far as the little boy in the restaurant is concerned, it's too bad he didn't write down his words instead of saying them out loud. He could have used the freedom of the press argument.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids do say the darnest things don't they? I can just hear Tommy saying that now! My opinion is the same as yours about the little 4 year old boy being banned from the doughnut store. I am thinking (and this is my opinion only) everyone should ban the doughnut shop!! I wouldn't go there anymore myself just because of the owner banning the little boy. That is ridiculous!! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete