Friday, August 29, 2014

Sleep ... To Visit The AfterLife

Sleep ... To Visit The Afterlife
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee




Tommy, and his beautiful little son, Taban ... a very special child in my Heart ........



Walking down the dark road, I saw headlights coming toward me. Run! Run! I began to run until I came to a place that bushes weren't covering the rail fence. I climbed over it quickly.


I saw my friend, Ms Nancy, who had somehow separated from me. She held her hand out to reach for mine. I grabbed it. Come! She pulled me behind her ... we ran fast. Danger! Danger!


We ran to a forest. She must have known the way, because soon ... we were safe, it was okay to get my breath. Somebody wants to kill me. Why?
In this dream, I was constantly running away from danger. I never knew 'who, where' the danger was coming from.


Suppose I was living in the afterlife in my dream ... that wouldn't be good. I don't the afterlife would be bad ... maybe I went to Hell in that dream ... mmm-mmmm.


I dream in color. I can't imagine dreaming in black and white, or in gray. I hear people say that's all they dream in. Boring ...


I love colors ... I follow colors ... sometimes, they can get me ... in trouble. Well ... not real trouble. :) But, I may forget where I am, follow without looking where I'm going. I could wander off ... leave everyone behind. :)

Sometimes, when I dream I see Tommy. Tommy, my son who died May 29, 2010 on the shore at Myrtle Beach, SC. He'd been running, playing for the first ... last time with his little three year old son at the beach. He'd been looking forward to doing ... just that.


I remember his face telling me he was going to play with Taban at the beach. I remember his eyes telling me. I remember looking at him while he spoke. He had a glow about him ... the sunshine glow that happened each, every time he smiled.


He had the biggest smile on his face. Going to the beach to play for the first time ever with his little son ... was very important to him. That moment forever ... stayed one of my last memories of my son.
This was the evening before ... he collapsed while playing with Taban.


Thank-God, he did what he was truly wanting to do ... Taban can grow up knowing how special he was to his father. Also, at Tommy's last moments ... he was sending me some photos of Taban just before ... the phone fell out of his hand.


The thought came to me that suppose when we slept, we lived in another dimension ... the afterlife? I don't think we do because of all the crazy dreams we have at times.


Suppose ... the 'bad' dreams meant we visited ... Hell? The 'good' dreams ... meant we went to ... Heaven?


Wouldn't it be nice to have both options ... to sleep to visit our loved ones. Wake up to be in this world ... and when our bodies finally gave out on us ... we could choose to sleep forever, be home in the afterlife with our loved ones.


Oh, if one were tough enough ... choose to go to Hell, to visit someone? Mmmm-mmmm .....

1 comment:

  1. I definitely don't want to visit Hell!! I can just see Tommy playing with Taban on the beach. He was a wonderful father!! From what I saw of him with his wife, I am thinking he was a very good husband too. I do think Ms. Nancy will have Victoria's back now and for always! Keep writing because I am always interested in what you write! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete