Saturday, January 24, 2015

Our Yellow Pup Has Died ... Sweet Chadwick Elsworth Bates

Our Yellow Pup Has Died ... Sweet Chadwick Elsworth Bates
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee




Our Sweet Chadwick Elsworth Bates ... Rest In Peace Our Yellow Pup ... We Loved You With Our Hearts.


 

Wickster ... The Wick ... Professor ... He Who Knows All ... Wick-Wick ... Yellow Pup ... Sweet Chadwick ... Sweet Chadwick Elsworth Bates ...

Those are the special names we had for our Sweet Chadwick who died on January 16, 2015 at 12:45 am ... midnight.

I awoke to the sound of Kissy, our teddy bear Rottie, barking in the hallway. He was facing the living room. Instantly, I knew something was wrong ... I could hear a ... soft sound of thumping.

I rushed to turn the light on ... sure enough, something was wrong. It was our Chadwick laying on the couch in the throes of a seizure. I remember being thankful he was inside the house, and he was on a soft surface.

Chadwick hadn't had a seizure in so long ... we were hoping loving him, feeding him good food ... lots of attention could somehow ward off another possible seizure. It seemed to be working, until ...

I increasingly became alarmed ... I watched the clock, watched Chadwick closely. He wasn't coming out of this seizure at all. It was lasting too long. It was really ... bad.

Tears streamed down my face as I realized Chadwick was dying. I instantly thought of Tommy ... in my mind, I asked Tommy to come be with Chadwick ... I told Chadwick to go be with Tommy ... go toward the light.

Chadwick began to be still ... I touched him gently with love, crying silently. Chadwick! The pain was great in my Heart ... my yellow Pup was dead. He was the last Pup that was a link to Tommy ... now, he was gone. Oh, the pain ...

I went to the bedroom, woke Skip up to tell him. He was very upset, got up instantly, went to Chadwick. We both stood there, Kissy and Camie on either side of us ... looking at Sweet Chadwick laying there. Skip and I both were crying silently, tears streaming down our cheeks.

I went to the closet, got a piece of soft canvas cloth I kept for something special ... brought it into the living room. Skip and I, gently wrapped Chadwick's body in it. We brought the wagon up onto the porch to place his body inside.

I put a portable fence over the top so, nothing could bother his body, until morning. We kept saying we couldn't just put Chadwick into the cold, wet ground ... he needed to be beside Fairchild, our Rottie who died just after Tommy died. Fairchild, Chadwick were the two Pups who knew, loved Tommy.

We decided to call, and see if arrangements could be made to cremate Chadwick. Sure enough, we could bring him on to Raleigh, and come back for his ashes the following day.

January 17, 2015 ... we went back for Chadwick's ashes. They had been placed in a beautiful, wooden rosewood box with carving on it. There was a footprint made of Chadwick's foot, made out of plaster of Paris. It was all done so lovingly, beautifully. Steve, the man who handled Chadwick ... was very caring. Thank you, Steve.

I think someone got a sign from Tommy several days before Chadwick died. She called to let me know about a special light she saw, and felt it was Tommy letting her know something might happen. I was amazed ... this hasn't been the first time she has had a sign from Tommy. I feel such a bond with her ... she means the world to us.

Our Yellow Pup has gone to Heaven ... Sweet Chadwick Elsworth Bates.

Born: May 13, 2007 ... Died: January 16, 2015 ... our last link to Tommy.
 


2 comments:

  1. I was so sorry to hear about Chadwick. I know you loved him with your very heart! Skip too. I had seen how all your pups love you both and the care you always give them, I am surprised the pups don't live so much longer. The pups were so fortunate to have you as their loving caregiver! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing a pet is just like a family member, the sorrow,grief,tears and heartbreak is exactly the same. Tears here for Chadwick, he was lucky to have had you and Skip to love and care for. Besides the major fact that he was your last tie to your sweet son Tommy. But then again God sent you Camie as she was there to be found by you, to help you though the loss of your Dear Son Tommy. So if you think about it, the connection is still there with your sweet Camie to carry on the line of family. My thoughts and prayers have been with you and Skip as you go through your grief and sadness. But you have Kissie and sweet Camie to help you and give you the love you need, along with all of us, your Facebook Friends like myself who was brought to your door through sweet Camie. I cherish our friendship as it sometimes seems we always find something, some kind of a connection, that we both have been through as our lives go on. Be Well my Dear Friend and know we are all here for you.

    ReplyDelete