Friday, February 27, 2015

Marching To The Beat Of A Different Drum ... Dancing To Many Songs

Marching To The Beat Of A Different Drum ... Dancing To Many Songs
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee




Artwork by me, Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.  I have many drums I march to ... I love to draw, write, decorate, create ... the list goes on.  I dance ... to many songs.





I've been having the same thought go through my mind a lot lately.  Each time I catch up my Facebook page, Precious Camie's Facebook page ... then, do my stories for my different sites ... I read along the way.  I read what others are writing about on Facebook, and on the writing sites I go to.

The thought comes to my mind ... social media is about everyone 'marching to the beat of a different drum'.  Hundreds of thousands of different drums ... wow!

Have you ever thought about it?  Isn't it amazing that so many people who are different from each other ... can be together in the same place ... get along?  I know there are places online where people are always bickering, finding reason to get angry.  I'm not talking about their kind of 'drums'.

Thankfully, I'm not on sites like that ... and when I encounter such, I get as far away as possible. Like people who are natural-born troublemakers ... hell-raisers ... I don't want them in my life.  The first part of my life was filled with such ... I didn't have a choice ... I was a child.

Imagine ... different bands playing different songs ... passing, repassing each other ... they all smile at each other ... go their own ways ... marching to the beat of a different drum.  Everyone gets along. Everyone ... respects the other, and the fact ... that they are all different.

People open themselves up, trusting that others will be good to them, not hurt them. Our social media reflects who we are by our interests ... we put photos, posts on it ... to show what drum ... we are marching to.

I march to not one drum, but ... many.  I am interested in so many things ... so, I not only march to the beat of a different drum ... I dance to many songs.  :)

Have you ever thought about this ... in this way?  That everyone marches to the beat of a different drum?  Dances to many songs?


Photos/article owned by me, Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

1 comment:

  1. You are so right!!! I never thought of it that way. Now I have to figure out which drum I am marching to! Well, that will keep me busy for a while! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete