Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Happy Mother's Day To You ...


By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee
(Photos are of me, my son Tommy ... poem written by me.  Owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee)




I know that lady
She used to be Tommy's mother
He's gone now, gone five years

I think he died from a heart attack
I'm not sure.  I heard his mother took it bad
Tommy loved his mother, she loved him

She might not ever be right again
It may do something to her mind
You know that was her only child

Poor thing, she doesn't have more children
That's what she gets for having one child
Now, she doesn't have any ... she's motherless

Wonder what you call a woman
Who used to be a mother, no longer has children
She has nothing to show she's a mother ... anymore

No one to call her mother
No one to say, "I love you, mama"
She can never be a mother in this life

So, what's she called, now?
A used-to-be mother, motherless woman
You are no mother, now ... Mother's Day isn't for you

What does Tommy's mother do
Each year Mother's Day comes?
Since she's no longer a mother, she can't celebrate

Tommy's mother doesn't celebrate Mother's Day, now
She does give thanks that a little baby came into her life
Tommy gave her 43 years to be a mother

No longer will she be sad when Mother's Day comes
She will be wishing every other mother ... Happy Mother's Day
She will be imagining their happiness when their children come home

Tommy's mother will be happy for other mothers
Not only that, she will be praying that other mothers' children
Always be safe, live all the mother's life

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers
From someone who can't celebrate Mother's Day
Know she's thinking of you, wishing you well

Happy Mother's Day to you!




2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that Tommy is gone. He would not want you to be sad. If there was any way he could send you good wishes from heaven----you know he would. There is one thing I have been thinking about. THE PUPS!!!! You are now their mother! I think if they could talk to you in simple plain English----they would say to you---- " Happy Mother's Day from your pups! ".So in a way you are still a mother. I hope you and the pups have a great day! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete