Monday, June 29, 2015

Not Enough of ... Me

Not Enough of ... Me
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter



Photos/story owned, written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter





I slowed down as my eyes spotted something on the road up in front of me.  Is it a turtle?  A big turtle!  I felt my heart jump in my throat.

Big turtles scare me ... but, my nature is to protect something innocent ... even if I'm afraid.  They can really hurt one if they can bite you.  The sounds are also, intimidating!  I know.  I have moved quite a few turtles from the roadway in my life.

I always put them to the side of the road they were traveling ... toward.  They know best where they are going ... or they wouldn't be pointed that way when I discovered them.

A turtle doesn't know how much I care that he gets hit by a car.  He is still going into fighting mode.
I have to take a deep breath, tell that turtle ... 'I'm going to save you whether you know it or not'.

If it's big, I watch my face so, it won't bite my nose!  I'm short!  :)  I try to figure out best how to place my hands ... no matter, I'm still afraid.  One way or other, I'm going to save the turtle's life.

It's strange ... I am protective of animals, people by nature.  I would even protect an alligator from getting hit by a car.  How?  I am always improvising ... that is my nature, also.  I would figure out a way, even it took some time to think about it.  I don't have a definite plan ... I've never had to save an alligator!

Sometimes ... this is the bad thing ... I have to accept there are going to be times ... when circumstances will prevent me from being able to ... save.

See, I always knew as a little girl that I would grow up to save the world.  Have you ever heard of me?  I didn't think so.  I didn't grow up to save anything ... excepting some animals, turtles ... and truly, a life or two.  I have saved a fish or two ... insects, spiders (even though I don't like some of them).

No, I didn't save the world ... I found out there wasn't enough of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment