Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I Knew I Had Been Caught!

I Knew I Had Been Caught!
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter






I have made mustard Hearts for many years ... in the name of love :)  Whenever I make a sandwich for Skip ... he has never known until recently about ... my Mustard Hearts!  Photo taken, owned by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee






I was caught this morning when I was seen doing something I always do in private.  I have no need to let anyone know I do this ... have done this all through the years.


To tell you the truth ... I'm going to keep on doing it.  Actually ... I wasn't seen ... 'what' I was doing was laying out there in plain view.


I had been busy, needed to walk away from what I was doing.  I never thought about Skip coming by ... seeing what I was doing!  It hasn't been so long ago I told him what I've doing all these years without him knowing it.


I had to run down the hall to get something to make sure I didn't forget doing it.  I came back into the living room and heard Skip say something as he walked through the second door into the kitchen.  I stopped what I was doing ... I knew I'd been caught!


I walked to the kitchen, asking what he said.  "I see those Hearts!"  I smiled because he has never seen me doing the Hearts all the years I have been doing them.


On the white sandwich board I had 6 slices of bread lined up to make 3 sandwiches.  I was making sandwiches for him to take with him today.  I was making one extra sandwich for him to give a friend ... it had Hearts on each slice of bread too.


My way of thinking is when Skip gives a sandwich away, he won't know which sandwich has a Heart ... so, they all have one.  He'll get the Heart sandwiches either way.

I told him to tell his friend if he happened to open the sandwich, see a Heart (2 Hearts, one on each slice) to tell him I have always made Hearts on his sandwiches.

I smile thinking about it now ... I was caught doing a secret, happy thing ... for years Skip never knew all his sandwiches had Hearts inside ... surely he's felt my love when he ate one!

I was doing something special ... as soon as he said what he did ... I knew I'd been caught!






Note by this Author:    Photo is owned by me, a true color of my life written by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee   #sandwiches   #mustard Hearts   #Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes getting caught is a good thing!! Ha! I wish I had been a fly on your wall when Skip told you he had seen what you did. Actually, I think it is special that you do that for Skip each day. I think you 2 are a perfect couple! I understand no one is perfect in what they do but you and Skip are perfect for each other. Love, Ms Nancy

    ReplyDelete