Monday, July 6, 2015

My Teardrop Fell on a Dragonfly ...

My Teardrop Fell on a Dragonfly ...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee















Artwork by Gloria Faye Brown Bates ...




Zipping here, there through the clear air
A green dragonfly with shimmery, lavender wings
Flew all around the pond, lush ... green grasses

I walked to the water's edge
Stood there looking at my reflection
I felt a soft touch ... looked on my bare shoulder

The little green dragonfly with shimmery, lavender wings
Had lit there ... it sat there looking up at me
I looked into its blue-green eyes, saw a sunshine smile

I knew then, it was a sign from Tommy
Coming to say hello to me
I stood there for the longest time smiling at the dragonfly

I could feel the warmth of tears in my eyes
A diamond teardrop fell softly on the dragonfly
I knew it would fly away

The dragonfly wings glistened from the moisture
Its wings began to flutter as it rose from my shoulder
To fly off to zip all around once again

Did the dragonfly come to say 'Hello Mama'?
When it sat on my shoulder ... filled my Heart with happiness
I felt it did ... I don't think it minded my teardrop on him

Dragonfly with the green body ... shimmery, lavender wings
It meant the world for you to fly to me
I'm going to have a tattoo of you where you sat

Sat on my right shoulder ... I could barely feel you
Weightless yet ... your presence was strongly felt
A sign from Tommy saying ... 'Hello Mama'

Zipping here ... zipping there
I saw its shimmery, lavender wings glistening
My teardrop fell on a dragonfly ... it glistened in the sunshine

1 comment:

  1. I think it is very possible that Tommy was sending you a sign! I don't think he minded your teardrop either. Tommy was a very special person and if anyone could send you any kind of sign, it would be him. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete