Thursday, July 9, 2015

Rocking Myself Up the Road ...

Rocking Myself Up the Road ...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee









Clearing my throat as I type ... "Did I do that"?  I'm not commenting ... one never knows what we do when no one's looking!  I bet you do the same ... now, don't say you don't!  Photos are owned by me, but .... I am not responsible for the expressions in them.





Radio blasting in the truck as I ride
No, you can't get in right now ... why?
Because there's so much music in the air



The music fills the air until there's no room
Left for anything ... only me and my music
Rocking away as we we go up the road



'Rocking me, Baby ... Keep on rocking me, Baby!'
My head's bouncing like a bobble-head doll
'Keep on rocking me, Baby!



I'm rocking in my truck going up the road
I look over to the next car ... see a bobble-head
Our eyes meet ... our heads rock, bobble in harmony



The light changes ... we each go our way
We all march to the beat of our own drums
Gotta rock this thing out ... gotta rock me, baby!



Fingers tapping in beat on the steering wheel
I peep around to see if anyone's looking
The music not only fills my truck up ... I'm so full I'll burst



Because if no one is looking
I'm gonna keep on rocking me, baby!
Head bobbling, fingers tapping ... I become the music



Cold chills make goose bumps on my arms
I know I'm rocking good when that happens
Going down the road in my pickup truck



Another red light stops the traffic
No can stop, I gotta go
I have to rock myself on up the road!



I'm rocking me, Baby
No can stop, I gotta go
I have to rock myself on up the road!





Note by this author:   Yes, I did that!  I'm going to do it again when the mood strikes!  I see you when I pass by you ... I pretend not to look but, I see you having that ... bobble-head ... going!  :)  Silly-ass poem is owned/written by the silly ... in me.






By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee ...




1 comment:

  1. That poem is not silly! I can't count high enough to tell you how many times I have done that! Ha! Also like you-----I will probably do it again-----and again----and again! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete