Friday, July 10, 2015

To Paint My Grief I Will Need More Colors Than I Have ...

To Paint My Grief I Will Need More Colors Than I Have ...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/aka @GeeGranny on Twitter




Photo owned by me ... some of my Colors ... paints.  I love many colors ... Happy Colors.  Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.







I love colors.  I have many, many bottles of every kind of color.  I was thinking about something.


Colors are like words ... words, moods, things can be expressed in colors.


We can use such or such color in ways to make us feel excited, calm, peaceful ... or feel just plain awful.


But, how can I paint pain ... grief?  What colors can I paint my grief in?  I have been thinking about that.


Would I just make a big scribble of black colors, throw some gray, brown into it?  Would that look like pain, grief?  Use all ugly, dark colors?


My grief couldn't be painted that way at all, I don't know about yours.  My grief for the loss of my only child, all my family members would have to be painted in many colors ... happy, sad, mean, mad, crazy, funny ... the list goes on.


My grief consists of all kinds of emotions all twisted together ... it's every emotion under the word ... grief.  Many colors ... to paint my world of grief.


To Paint My Grief I Will Need More Colors Than I Have ...



My words/photos are owned by me, Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.






1 comment:

  1. I don't think there is a color for grief. If it were--it would be a very ugly color. Maybe a bunch of colors mixed so good that one would not be able to tell which ugly color one used to try to make a color for grief. You are a beautiful person so I would try to paint only beautiful "happy colors" for you! I don't know for sure but I think Tommy would only want happy things for you. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete