Thursday, January 28, 2016

I Might Not Know Who I'm ... Eating!

I Might Not Know Who I'm ... Eating!
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter







Email:  gloriapaintsat@yahoo.com
Facebook.com/grannygee






Artwork by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee








I have decided once again not to eat bread ... instead, at each meal I like to take 5 crackers to eat with my food.


I've always done this when watching what I eat.  I was telling Skip that I was going to have 5 crackers with supper, yesterday.  He replied, "You might not know who you're eating!"


I stopped, thought ... began laughing.  Skip, I said ... you are right!  I could be eating John, Mary, Mark and Sue, and ... Martha!


Who knows?  Remember the story I wrote about people becoming crackers to be eaten ... to help with having a food supply for all the many people in the world?  That's what he was thinking about.


I was remembering a movie I saw as a teenager called Soylent ... people didn't know ... they were eating ... other people.  In today's time ... we never know what we will be eating (my thoughts, anyway).  We are eating genetically engineered foods ... our meats don't have to be labeled as to what country they came from.


Anyway ... all of this is strictly my thoughts ... and Skip reminded me yesterday ... that I might not know ... who ... I'm eating!







Author's Note:


Photo/story written, owned by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

What would you do if you were eating crackers made from Grandma, Grandpa?  Meats made from relatives?  :)  Doesn't it sound awful?

Why just recently on our news ... some Chinese restaurant picked up a deer/roadkill from the highway ... took it into his restaurant, began dressing it out.  On our tv news ... they said he said ... "I'm dressing it out ... for a friend."  What are we to think?  You never know ....


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That would make one think wouldn't it? I will have to pick my restaurant more carefully. Love, Ms Nancy

    ReplyDelete