Friday, January 20, 2017

I Am Still Taking Sighs of Relief





Here is my story I wrote for today on MyLot ... I will share my stories here from there for my followers from time to time.






This is Duke ... the dog we have just rescued.  He was living in Hell ... no more.  We brought him home on January 17, 2017.  My Facebook Friends made it possible by helping me purchase him a chain link kennel, new dog house, etc.  I am forever grateful to them.









I can't believe the hell man puts animals through ... how can they not see the feelings in an animal's face? By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.








JANUARY 20, 2017 7:17PM CST
For the past two days I have been very busy getting Duke's kennel weatherproof. We are expecting a lot of rain in the next few days. Duke is the beautiful, precious Pit Bull dog I rescued. Duke is the dog we just rescued. We want him to know only love, caring ... clean home, clean food bowls, fresh water the rest of his life. All he has known is a heavy chain around his neck ... stumps, trees to become tangle up in. He was isolated for days ... no one to come around him. Skip and I go into Duke's kennel to stay a while playing, talking, laughing while with him. I go out all through the day to him. His kennel is just across the driveway from Kissy, and Camie's fence (our other 2 Pups). He sees movement constantly and us coming, going through out each day. No more isolation for Duke. Duke's food was rained on in his old tin pan ... he had to eat sour food ... he drank green water. When he tangled up ... he laid there in the weather until someone came to him. Sometimes his owner didn't come back for several days at a time. The good thing is Duke is in a wonderful place now. I have his kennel weatherproof now. I have a curtain on the front of it that I can roll up/down. When the weather's bad I will roll it down ... when the weather is nice ... I'll roll it up and he can take in the sunshine. I never meant to have a 3rd Pup again. We really can't afford it. When we saw Duke being mistreated ... his awful life ... I went on a mission to save him. For two months I stressed over him ... and now ... he is safely here. My Facebook Friends helped me get him a chain link kennel fence, new doghouse, heavy-duty tarp, cedar shavings, food. I am forever grateful to them for helping me help Duke, get him away from that place. We live on a limited income and we wouldn't have had the money to get what we needed to bring him home. I'm emotional over how good they were to me to make it possible to bring Duke home ... rescue a beautiful, sweet dog who deserves a good life. Duke has been taking up a lot of my time lately. I'm so thankful to be this far in getting him settled into our life. We are all trying to settle down ... having a new Pup in our life. I've never had an outside Pup ... and have to now ... I will make sure Duke has the best life. This is what I've been doing with my time lately. For the past 2 months I've stressed over this precious dog ... it's taking time to get past that. I've been so used to going 4-5 times a day and after dark every night to check on him at the awful place he lived ... to make sure he wasn't tangled up in the dark. Now he is here safe and sound ... I'm still taking sighs of relief.


True story/photo written, owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

No comments:

Post a Comment