Saturday, January 14, 2017

I'm Waiting ...


Doodle by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee ... sometimes our minds have many things on it ... sometimes, not.  My doodle shows many things at one time ... like this morning.  No words.










I'm Waiting ...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee








A cup of coffee ... with lots of cream ... a keyboard ... soft, classical music.

I'm waiting ... I close my eyes, lean back in my comfortable desk chair ... breathe slowly, deeply.  I'm waiting ...

I hear the soft patter of feet coming up the hall behind me.  I hear another soft patter of feet coming up the hall ... the sound of the pet door as both Pups (Kissy and Camie) go outside into their fenced-in yard.

Soon ... I will hear the patter of my husband's (Skip) feet.  It's time to get up.

I smile with my eyes closed ... I'm still waiting.  Images, events fill my mind ... no one thing standing out.  Nothing comes to mind as I wait ... for words to flow from my fingertips.

I'm waiting ...






Sometimes when I want to write ... I have to wait for the words to come. Sometimes ... they don't. In this case I described the moment. By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.








Note by this Author:

Sometimes ... writing is like this.  Nothing comes to mind ... same thing with drawing.  I'm certain it's the same way with any kind of creative process.  This morning while I was waiting to write about something ... nothing came ... so, I just wrote about the moment.

Photo/story owned/written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

No comments:

Post a Comment