Thursday, April 13, 2017

Part 9: What Happened To The Animal-Child?

Part 9:  What Happened To The Animal-Child?  ... Victoria Fairchild Saga Continues





How can you catch something that can eat you ... you are the meat they eat. By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.





Story written/ photos owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.  This is dedicated to my friend, Ms Nancy Smith Satterwhite who is recovering from surgery.  I hope this takes your mind off the pain ... and you recover soon!





Photo owned/taken by me, Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.  










Victoria drove to the sheriff's department.  She had a friend who worked there.  She hadn't thought of him in years. If he was still there ... she knew she could talk freely to him ... express her concerns about the animal-people.  He knew Victoria was different ... just how different he didn't know ... but, he knew she was an extraordinary woman.


Victoria walked to the window ... asked to see Captain Tom Siddons.  She told the woman her name, took a seat.  In about three minutes Tom came out into the waiting room.  Victoria!  It's so nice to see you!  Come into my office.


Victoria followed Tom into his office.  It was a very neat office.  Tom's desk was shiny from wax.  His family photos sat around on the surface.  There was a stack of folders lying on the desk.


She sat down in the chair across from Tom.  They talked light talk for several minutes until Tom looked at her closely.  You can tell me what's wrong, Victoria.


Victoria mentioned the animal-child that the EMS girl was bitten by.  She wanted to know what happened to it.  Tom told her that he was in a padded cell at the hospital for mental patients.  He wanted to bite everyone.  No one knew quite what to do about the child.  They'd never seen anything like it.


Tom looked at Victoria with narrowed eyes.  Victoria, it gets worse ... doesn't it?  He had a bad feeling Victoria was going to tell him something he didn't want to hear.


Victoria took a deep breath ... told him what she had witnessed.  Tom sat there with open mouth ... disbelief.  The thing was ... if Victoria said it ... it was true.


Tom, I came to you because you know me.  You know I can do things ordinary people can't.  That was the only way I could go inside the cave ... I became a shadow.  They never knew I was there.  I did an experiment ... I became visible only for a moment ... they ran to attack me!


Tom wanted to know how many animal-people were in the cave.  Victoria told him she saw probably a hundred people.  Hunting parties were coming in while she was there.  She told him in vivid detail what they did to the woman outside the cave ... the animal-children ate her flesh ... the evil man buried the bones, placed rocks on the grave.  Not only that ... one of the hunting parties brought in a woman and all the animal-people attacked her, ate her.


So that explains all the missing people who have gone to Rainbow Mountain Park!  Tom told Victoria about the mystery of missing people through the past fifty years there.  People going on picnics, camping ... hiking ... never to be seen again.  Oh my God ... it makes sense now.  Tom was in shock.  Who would believe this?


Tom, what can we do to protect officers when going in there?  You or anyone else can't just go into the cave.  You don't have the ability to change like I do ... you would be seen ... attacked, killed.


Tom sat there with his elbow on his desk ... he stared off into space.  I'm going to have to do some serious thinking, Victoria.  I know I can count on you to help me ... be my eyes when it comes time.


They talked for a short time.  Victoria got up to leave ... Tom walked around the desk ... hugged her goodbye.  I'll call you, Victoria.  In the meantime ... stay away from there.  We'll figure this out.  Victoria promised she'd stay away.


Victoria drove home.  She wanted only to get her shower ... get into her cozy nightgown ... kick back to relax.  In less than an hour Victoria was in her bed fast asleep before nightfall.


To be continued ....


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete