Thursday, September 26, 2013

I Wished To Be Santa Claus... Make That Little Boy's Wish Come True... Bullying


I Wished To Be Santa Claus... Make His Wish Come True (Little Twin Boy)... Bullying

Submitted by grannygee on September 26th, 2013 – Flag this news as inappropriate
Category: Personal
My attention was drawn to the tv screen. A photo of twins was being shown... the news was on. The twins were a boy and a girl. It seemed the
little boy had written a letter to Santa Claus. They were young... maybe 9-10 years old.

He didn't ask for anything for himself. He asked for Santa Claus to help his sister... to stop the bullying of his sister. The photo showed the little
girl to be chubby; enough chubby to draw attention to her from other children. Enough so... that the bullies of the school could have a good time
making fun of her, pushing her around.

I can't go any farther about her... I don't know anymore than what was said above, and the last sentence I could imagine. I do know about being a
cute, little chubby girl. I don't remember of course, how my mother let me be a little chubby girl... heck, I didn't know I was! But... I do remember
being made fun of, when another child became angry at me.

The kids in my own 'family' devastated me when they would become mad at me, make fun of me. I look back at my photos as a child... I was pretty,
and a little chubby, not even grossly so. Amazing....

It hurt me deeply, even to the point of 'wishing to die, and they'll be sorry they hurt me like that'. It's just a wonder with all I had to live with 'at home',
and all that occurred at school... that I didn't succeed in committing suicide. It did come to that point... I didn't succeed, and that's another story. But...
it happened.

A child is very sensitive... and people don't realize how close they push a child ... 'out of this world'. I watch on the news... often, you will see a young
child that... succeeded... in doing what 'I almost did'. Bullying... made fun of... made to feel less than... made to feel worthless... and when it comes from
not only from their classmates, and peers.... combined with an awful 'home' life... it's scary.

I know... I was 'that child'... I know how a little abused, bullied child is made to feel... how when all the other kids, plus... your family makes your world
'the end'. I remember as a little girl when my whole world 'went to hell' because of things I didn't understand.... divorce, me being thrown into 'hell' where
the whole world was dirty, scary... rats, roaches ... things I'd never known about, even seen.

I remember going to school after surviving hell each day at 'home'.... I'd 'survive hell' in school... only to come 'home to hell' each evening. Never any peace... always afraid, nervous, trembling. I was learning to fight to survive... I made it until I was thirteen... and I 'broke'. But, the good thing is... I survived that, too,
to only go to another 'hell'... to my father's home. A beautiful 'hell', everything clean, wonderful, nice.... but, I was the only one there... who wasn't wanted. I
learned I was just a 'step-daughter'... I was treated just that way. I could go on and on... but, that's for more stories... later.

Back to the twins... the little boy cared so much about his sister being hurt. That means his precious, little heart hurt each day to see the 'hell' being pushed
on the closest person to him... his twin. How sad is that? How beautifully sad... is that? It touched my very heart... I wished to make all the bullying go away
for that child.... that precious, little girl. I wished to be 'Santa Claus' and make that little boy's wish come true. 

2 comments:

  1. When I think of all the children in the world who go home where they should feel safe and loved, my heart breaks for them. I'm sorry that was your life. I wish I could be Santa Claus for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw on TV that same story about the twins! It was devasting! I also saw where one of the Globe Trotters came to her aid! The bullying has stopped thank God!! The kids have now stopped bullying her and she smiles now. Both twins were smiling last night when I saw them on TV. It doesn't matter what size,color or religion one has--no one should be bullied! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete