Thursday, September 12, 2013

My 9-11 Poem... I Have To Remember... Because I Must






(My 9-11 Poem)

I Have To Remember... Because I Must 
Written By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee



Grief in my heart... tears in my eyes
I think even God can hear my cries

So much death that day, grief fills my heart
That's the day... families were torn apart

I just walked down my Memory Hall
Closing these doors, I can't bear this at all

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust
I have to remember, because... I must

No one should be forgotten in this event
What they went through, the day terror was sent

I don't only cry for myself
I cry for the 9-11 families that are left

To carry their burden of grief, pain
Just as I carry mine... the same

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust
I have to remember, because... I must

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful poem!!!! So true--so true!! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete