Sunday, September 15, 2013

Oh, It Felt So Good To Do That Again!



Oh, It Felt So Good To Do That Again!
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee





Bird feeder, Flower Chair, and Striped green chair... painted by
Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.


Today, I went outside on the porch.  The air felt wonderful, there was a nice breeze blowing.  The Pups were playing with each other, running from the other... another chasing them.  I smiled as I watched them run on the soft sand in the yard.

They kicked up dust when they ran fast, slid to a stop.  I was glad to have the sand in their yard.  We had gotten it originally for the swimming pool... that turned into a fiasco when the guy we hired to level the sand... didn't.

The wind chimes were playing in the breeze... I loved the sound coming from them.  One of the wind chimes is one that my son, Tommy, got for me from the World Market.  I treasure it.  I have very few things he ever gave me.  We lost so much in the fire that took all our belongings back in December 2004... including many things my son gave to me.

I felt an excitement inside... could it be?  Is it possible that I might... I tested myself.  I got my paints, brushes, paper plates, paint cloth, water and begin setting them up on the patio table.  I am feeling right!  I want to paint!  It's been so long since I've painted.

I could never paint for anyone again... I can't take the pressure anymore.  I could paint for myself... and before I knew it... I had painted the chair, bird feeder.

For a time, I was in that magical, special world I truly love to visit.  Time went by... happy sounds all around me.  The Pups were playing... music by my wind chimes... the breeze blowing on my skin, in my hair.  The temperature was just right.

The next thing... I was gathering my paint supplies to take inside.  I came back, stood... admired my artwork.  Not too bad for the first time painting in many months... many months.  I couldn't believe I could still paint.  :)))

I didn't take time to practice before painting... I decided that nothing had to be 'perfect'.  I just wanted to enjoy myself... no pressure.  If I made mistakes, that was okay... too.

Oh, it felt so good to do that again!

1 comment:

  1. Your artwork has always been and I am positive it will always be great!!! You are so talented. I am sure it is like riding a bicycle or swimming---once you know how to do it----you never forget how to! I love your artwork! If you decide to paint for others again----just let me know because I would love to have something else painted by you! Happy painting!! Love, Ms Nancy

    ReplyDelete