Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I've Never Been Afraid... Since


I've Never Been Afraid... Since

Submitted by grannygee on January 29th, 2014
Category: Personal
 
 
I've Never Been Afraid ... Since
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee


I went missing as a girl of fifteen
No one knew where I went
I was the only one who knew where I was

I ran away to escape
Ran away hoping to find happiness
I found pain, grief... instead

Years went by... I found I couldn't go back
I had become older...
I was no longer a child

I had to fend for myself
I couldn't be a little girl again
I would have went back to the hell I come from

At least... I knew what to expect
The world became a bigger place
I soon grew strong enough to explore

I soon, became a woman
Met the love of my life
I've never been afraid... since

1 comment:

  1. As one of the country singers said in one of his songs---I'd rather fight the wind and rain than what I'd been fighting at home! That is definitely a true statement!! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete