Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Rabid Fox Attacked Me!

A Rabid Fox Attacked Me!
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee


Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.... 2013



I became aware of standing on the side of the road.   Where was I?  I turned to look around me... it seemed I was in a curve on a country highway... fog was clouding the air making it hard for me to see around me.

I sensed motion behind me... some kind of animal came running up to me.  It startled em, I began to run.  My feet became entangled in something.  I looked down... oh my God.  It was a big deer leg... it was in between my feet, threatening to throw me down to the ground.

Someone had struck a deer, and it lay on the side of the road.  I didn't remember seeing it when I began to run.  Somehow, I made it across the deer carcass in my path.  I saw the shape of something running toward me in the fog!

What was it?  A dog?  No, a fox!  It ran straight up to me trying to get near me.  Something wasn't right about it... foxes run away when they see someone... not run up to them!  I saw white foam around its mouth.  It was rabid!

I took my coat off... placed it in front of me, used it to head the fox off.  The fox wouldn't give up, it kept coming for me.  I spun around in circles trying to fight it off... what was I going to do!

It came for my face, and I began fighting for my life.  The last thing I remember was striking it with my bare hand!  Oh, the pain shot up through my arm like a bullet fired from a gun!

I jumped up, looked around me.  I felt my hand... it still stung from striking the fox.  I felt my thumb, my index, and middle fingers... they really hurt!

I looked to the bed where I had laid sleeping.  I saw what made me dream of being entangled in the legs of the deer.

Little Camie, our female Pup... had been laying on my legs.  Kissy, our Rottie, lay with his feet against my back.  He kicked out a couple of times as he slept.  I knew that he must have been kicking me in the back... as I slept!

I was glad to be awake!  I was surely going to lose that battle with a rabid fox!  My hand hurt from hitting the nightstand, as I fought for my life.  I can't believe I did that.  I've never done that before!  I was fighting like hell!  I was prepared to fight that rabid fox to the death!

NOTE by this author:

I woke up fighting for my life this morning.  I struck my hand on the nightstand as I was prepared to fight to the death when the fox leapt for me.

So... now, I know if a rabid fox attacked me... it's going to have 'one helluva a fight' on its hands...

I remembered thinking I didn't want to hurt an animal... I love animals.  But, when it came to survival... I was going to fight to the death... I wanted to live.  :))))

This was a dream!  :)))  Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. That was a terrible dream! You could have broken a bone in your hand. I guess if one is fighting for their life, a broken bone is the lest of their worries! I am just glad it was a dream. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete