Sunday, March 16, 2014

Crystal Fish In Teardrop Ocean...

Crystal Fish In Teardrop Ocean...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/Granny Gee


Photo of Tommy and Taban exactly one year before Tommy died... May 29, 2009 at a lake... On May 29, 2010... Tommy and Taban were at Myrtle Beach... where he died on the sand, by the ocean......................


I can't see where I hurt, I can't see my pain
I can point to where it feels like it hurts
I can't touch it with my hand, only feel with my heart

I can cry tears of grief... where do the tears come from
How do they know to fall when I cry?
How is it possible to have all the tears I have cried

Since the loss of my son... I've cried an ocean of tears
If I named my ocean of tears, what would I name it?
I would name it... Teardrop Ocean

What would be the directions to find it
You would follow the path of tears down my cheeks
Down to the floor of water... around my feet

I stand in the Teardrop Ocean, listening to the sea gulls
Like the sea gulls that Tommy heard as he died
I listen to the waves of my tears, just as he heard them

Just as he heard them as his soul soared into the air
I can see it in my mind as his spirit flew with the angels
Who gently laid him on the sand when he took his last breath

Today is Tommy's son's birthday... he is seven years old
He was three years old when his daddy died while playing with him
At the ocean for the first, last time... his daddy left him on the beach

Daddy, won't you get up and play with me, he cried
His little hands pulling at his daddy to help him get up
Come on, daddy... come run, play, laugh with me

Today is Tommy's son's birthday... Tommy hurried to the hospital
The day he was born... driving his tractor into the hospital parking lot
He was very tired from lack of sleep, but... he made it just in time

One can see the pride and love in Tommy's eyes in the photos
That survived the house fire that claimed all our belongings
Thankfully, most of the photos are now... my memories

Some are charred, blackened, water-damaged by the fire, hoses
That's okay... all I have of my son, grandchildren now
Are these photos that came through the flames of the fire

Sometimes, when I write ... you can know where I am
You can picture the waves of teardrops washing up around my feet
As I stand here, listening to the sea gulls... at Teardrop Ocean

I see crystal fish jumping from the waves
Diving deep into the sea... crystal fish of memories
Crystal fish in ... Teardrop Ocean

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize your grandson was 7 already! Wow!! He is growing so fast. I see the pictures of him and he looks just like his daddy. Just think how handson he will be when he is an adult! I think you have the right name for your teardrops. It is definitely understandable. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete