Sunday, March 2, 2014

I'm Not Going To Write Anymore....

I'm Not Going To Write Anymore...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee
ce42b-myphotos4-10-2013035
Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee... 2013

This morning I got up still thinking about something that has bothered me since I published my book, Camie's Angel... last week.
I haven't felt happy about making several mistakes on a name in my book... it took the whole week to get it right... and wait until it was changed in my book. I kept resubmitting it... getting it back... sending it back for review over, and over... until I got the 'Congratulations' email.
I was unhappy because no matter what I did... I got it wrong... and kept on to correct it. Have you ever made such a dumb mistake?
Have you ever felt so bad about something... and the less said about it... the more hurtful it became? I'm at this stage now.
I have the option at anytime to take my books out of print... I have been considering it. I wonder if any other writer/author has come down to this level... feeling bad enough to do that... bad enough to... stop writing? To say 'to hell with it'.
I wasn't trying to get rich, writing. My books have made very little money...
I did have the satisfaction of becoming a published author... I did have the satisfaction of getting copyrights from the Library of Congress in Washington, DC... on my three books (I'll be receiving my third copyright in the next several months)... I was very happy to have accomplished that.
I have experienced unhappy feelings since last week on Camie's Angel... when I should have been very happy.
I feel I did well on my short story of Camie's rescue. I look forward to holding in my hands a printed copy of it.
I've found such pleasure in writing... I wrote my grief when I grieved over my son, Tommy. Now, I am feeling sadness from my writing. I wonder how normal that is?
I've noticed people acting different since they've learned that they've known me all this time... but, they never knew I also, write... now, they act different toward me.
I don't tell people 'everything' about me. I am private... I don't feel the need to 'glorify myself'... never. I go on to forget a lot of the time... about the good things about me.
Anyway... to make a 'long story' short... for the time-being... I'm not going to write anymore.


    Enhanced by Zemanta

    4 comments:

    1. Dear Granny, I am sorry you feel that way, and I knew you wrote long before really being a "friend" on Facebook. All anyone had to do was take the time to really read, and know you...so I am sorry you feel that way...I will be downloading from Amazon tomorrow to my Kindle, and I now think I will put all three on at one time....just in case you decide to follow through ( I sure hope not), And I know I will be even more adamant about it then. So I hope you change your mind, but you have every right to do what you want, just know a friend is here no matter what...Warm Regards, Margaret

      ReplyDelete
    2. This morning I awoke with a horrible pain in my hand and thought that if the pain continued I would no longer be able to write, crochet, make jewelry, or do anything else with my hand. Then I found my capsaicin and applied it. I have arthritis in my back and now I'm wondering if I also have it in my hand.

      This evening, just minutes ago, I discovered that a friend of mine, a former coworker, died from colon and liver cancer today. We shared a birthday, but he was several years younger than I am. If I gave up writing, it would be like I was dying too. I think we're meant to live if we can still draw breath. It doesn't matter if you make mistakes, Gloria. We all make mistakes. It's WHAT you write that matters and it's the WAY you write that matters. You write with your heart and your soul. I think you owe it to yourself to continue writing.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I am so sorry you don't want to write anymore now. Maybe you need a little break from writing. I hope you will change your mind soon. I can't imagine you not writing. I did see a few comments and I am not the only one that feels that way. You know to call me if you want to talk or visit or just want me to sit there with you. That is what best friends do. Love, Ms. Nancy

      ReplyDelete
    4. Your writing is an extension of your soul. If you stop writing, you'll stop living!

      ReplyDelete