Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Black Widow Spiders!

Black Widow Spiders!
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee


Photo of Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka #Granny Gee ... Owned by me.  You don't want to be bitten by a Black Widow spider! 


 

Not long ago, when Skip was out on a big truck, he was in an area where one had to use the portable toliets provided to the workers. He didn't like to use them ... in this case, it was a 'had to'...

His experience should be a lesson to us all ... look around you if, when you have to go ... in a portable toliet!

He went inside, and as he took care of business, his eyes were drawn to the corner of the toliet. Lo, and behold ... there were spiders there! Not just any spider ....

There were young Black Widow spiders moving around. Skip said he got the heck out of Dodge!

He went to the supervisor there, told him about it. Someone could be bitten by a Black Widow spider. The supervisor placed yellow tape around the toliet to prevent someone going in there.

Have you ever been bitten by a Black Widow spider? I was bitten as a very young child ... the spider was beautiful with the red on it. Of course, I was attracted to the color ... innocent of what a Black Widow was.

I do remember my arm being on fire, and the Emergency Room. I've been deathly afraid of Black Widows, and any spider since. I can't even put my finger on one ... in a photo!

 

Photo/Story owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka &grannygee

1 comment:

  1. I am scared of spiders and I have never been biten by one! I don't like anything like that! I don't like anything that can get on me and crawl around. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete