Sunday, October 26, 2014

Making Grief As Positive ... As Possibly Can Be

Making Grief As Positive ... As Possibly Can Be
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/ aka Granny Gee





 

Holidays are around the corner. Everyone will gather around their loved ones ... just as Christmas presents surround a Christmas tree.

Sons, daughters, mothers ... fathers; grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins. Friends, acquaintances ... everyone gathers for a jolly good time at holidays.

Holidays are made cheerful if snow begins to fall to cover a world with magic. Magic that instantly changes something ordinary ... into something extraordinary! Our imaginations make something we know, see ... even more special!

Parents wait for their children to come home. Sometimes, they have to drive long distances. They can't rest until each one arrives safely. The same when children wait for their parents to arrive.

We are all grateful when gathered around the dining table ... and ... no one is missing.

At holidays ... 'now' ... we have someone special missing. No one sits at his place ... he's not here. He's gone ... gone forever. He won't ever be back to ... sit there, anymore.

I can accept that. It's taken over three years to ... fully ... accept that my son is really gone; he can't ever come back.

'Now' ... I can cope with it. Now ... I have come full-circle to becoming happy once again. Everything is going to be ... alright.

My son is gone ... Tommy is gone ... grief is still in my Heart ... just in a different way. I've worked at making ... my grief ... as positive as it can possibly be.


Story/photo are owned by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee
I wrote this story for http://www.tsu.co/GrannyGee
 

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure what to say about this blog. I am just glad that you are going to be alright now. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete