Monday, January 11, 2016

I'm Not Taking Any Chances ...

I'm Not Taking Any Chances ...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter







Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter









Coming back from the hospital ... a small, dark animal ran across the road in front of me.  Black cat, I thought.  My mind went instantly to the black cat that ran across the road when we went to Virginia to see Skip's mother.






I thought how I had locked the keys in the vehicle ... in my mind I could see Skip and I standing there in the cold, pouring rain.  That same morning I was walking to the pickup ... the gate key fell from my hand in the dark.  I was sort of ... slinging my hand as I walked.  I couldn't find the key ... in the pouring rain.






That night I thought about that black cat and how I try never to be superstitious.  I didn't make an 'X' on the windshield.  Look what happened ... pouring rain ... locking keys inside vehicle, losing key.






Well, this evening ... I didn't take any chances ... I made an 'X' on the windshield!  I made it home safely ... all should be well this time.






I think just to be safe ... I will mark an 'X' when I see a black cat cross the road in front of me ... I'm not superstitious ... I'm just not taking any chances.









Note by this Author:




Nope, not taking any chances ... so much has happened lately in my life.  Just to be safe ... I will mark an 'X' whenever a black cat crosses in front of me :)  I'm really not superstitious ... only cautious!




True story/photo written, owned by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing most of the time!I am like you-----not superstitious just cautious! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete