Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I Can Let Go Now, Son... Though I May Cry, Weep

I Can Let Go Now, Son... Though I May Cry, Weep
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee




My precious son, only child... Tommy.  My only precious grandson, Taban.  I miss you with my Heart. Love Your Mother, Gloria



I thought I saw your smile, twinkling eyes
Peeping out from Heaven at me
Your hand gently brushed the clouds from your face

I closed my eyes, opened them to see if you were still there
You were still there... I tilted my head to the side
Began smiling, tears of joy flowed down my cheeks

I knew you were there, somewhere
I just just had to keep watching, hoping you would reveal yourself
Finally... you did; there you are!

Hello, Mama... I love you
Hello, Son... I love you, too;  how I've missed you with my Heart
I wish you could come back, Son

I looked closer to see my son's face... oh, how beautiful his face was
I saw... felt the joy in his eyes
I'd never seen such happiness in his eyes, as I saw... now

I decided I didn't wish him to come back
The joy I saw in his face would be gone
Son, it's time for me to ... let you go

I love you with my very Heart
I may still cry, weep because you aren't here
It's only because I loved you so

Because... you meant the world to me
You were my only child, my precious son
I'm okay, now... no matter how much I cry

Everything's going to be alright... no matter how bad
My Heart feels lighter... though, it feels heavy at times
I miss you very much... but, I'm glad you are in Heaven

Just please gently brush the clouds to the side
Peep out at me, so... I can see the joy in your face
Ever so often... it means the world to me

I looked again to say goodbye... saw your precious face
Framed by white clouds, blue sky... sun creating a halo around you
I know you're a star in Heaven... shining both day, night

I will recognize you when I look up at the sky at night
The brightest star that twinkles at me
Sending down love to me in a ray of light

Ray of light that is my precious son's love
Smile, as I am comforted by knowing he is in Heaven
I can let go now, Son... though, I may cry, weep

I would want the joy I see in your face to always be
I love you with my very Heart, son... I miss you
I can let go now, Son... though, I may cry, weep
..............................................................................................................

Note by this author... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

My son died May 29, 2010... soon, it'll be the 4th year he has been gone.  He was only 40 years old... he died unexpectedly while running, playing at the ocean... with his little three year old son.

No one knew he was sick... he had 2 blockages in his heart.  He looked so healthy.  I hope that all guys Tommy's age will get checked.  Especially, if you don't eat right... drive a big truck.

Four years...  next month will be four long years...  I know I can be alright now... though, I may cry... weep.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are saying you are going to be alright for sure! Your blog touched me heart! I am so glad I had the pleasure of knowing Tommy! He was a very super good guy. He was the type of person that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful once we have the assurance that are loved ones are in heaven we know one day we will be reunited!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete