Monday, August 18, 2014

Sunshine In The Shower ... Shower In The Moonlight

Sunshine In The Shower ... Shower In The MoonLight
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee



A younger Granny Gee ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee ......................................


 

Peeping from closed eyes, I see sunlight shining through the spray of water from the showerhead.

It sparkled, danced over my hair, my body. I loved it. Sunlight in the shower ... my shower. I feel the breeze from the window nearby ... I keep my eyes closed. I try to bring a special memory back ...

I pretend I'm at the beach where I took the most wonderful shower in my life.

One evening late, I arrived at the beach. I was very young, and alone. I drove on the highway where I saw a rustic shower house. I drove into the empty parking lot. It was getting dark ... night lights were on. The moon was shining bright.

I walked up the boardwalk ... entered the shower house cautiously. I walked to each stall to make sure it was empty. I had an idea!

I wondered if I had the nerve ... decided yes, I was going to do it! I took my dress, sandals off .... folded all neatly, placed them on the wooden bench.

I turned on the shower ... waited for it to get warm. It never got warm, so, I stepped under the cool water. I closed my eyes, and enjoyed the breeze blowing under the wall that enclosed the shower. It felt ... wonderful on my skin.

I enjoyed my shower that night .... no one was around. I felt I was doing something special, daring ... it was my wonderful, happy secret.

All these years, that one shower made such an impression on me.

I try to recapture that feeling ever once in a while. I open the window in my bathroom when the wind is blowing ... close my eyes in the shower, pretend I'm back at the beach that night.

I love it, also ... when the sun shines, making my shower a happy place to bathe. I love how it shines through the shower curtain creating a cheerful light.

I don't know about you ... but, I love my soaps, and good scents to bathe with. Shower time is a special time for me.

The best shower I ever took was at the shower house ... that night! I love sunshine in the shower! I love to shower in the moonlight!

....................................................................................................................................

Photo/Story Credit is mine, Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee

.....................................................................................................................................

Note by author: This is a true story. I did this as a young woman. When the moon would get full, I would jump in my car, drive all the way to the ocean to walk on the beach.

I would let the wind blow my long skirt around my legs, and listen to the waves as I walked, and danced to the waves around my ankles.

The moon would glow on the water, make it sparkle... kiss my face as I looked up at it. It was a wonderful, wonderful feeling.

I would stop, listen to the sound of the waves breaking ... wish I could stay there forever. Peaceful ... oh, so peaceful.

 

2 comments:

  1. That would have been very daring back in the day. Even when you were younger you were a strong women. So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am not that brave!!!! It does sound like fun though! I like the idea of the moon shining down on the ocean making it sparkle. It is beautiful at night time. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete