Friday, July 31, 2015

I Have a Confession to Make ... I am an Ambivert

I Have a Confession to Make ... I am an Ambivert
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter













I can be many ways ... around lots of people for a while ... then just be with myself.  I'm still me.  Photos are of me/owned by me.  Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.








I have finally found out what I am.  I knew I could be either way ... so, I always wondered if there was a word to describe my way of being.  Instead of being two ways ... one extreme to the other ... I am three ways ... I can be either.




I always used the word 'just being myself'.  I have found out there is a word to describe me ... and lots of people who have no idea that they are ... ambiverts ... just like me.  I read that 2/3 people are ... ambiverts.  Are you one?




It means that I am happy sometimes doing something like being the life of the party ... other times, I'm happy being home reading, drawing ... just being with myself, our Pups in my world with Skip.




I'm not ... one extreme to the other.  Are you?  Are you introvert or extrovert ... or like me ... ambivert?  I love being ambivert.  That's just being myself.  I might enjoy being talkative one day and the next, just enjoy being quiet.  I feel like I have the best of both worlds.




I read this ... and oh my ... this is exactly how I am ( I read it on Huffpost) ... this is what I read:



'But there are drawbacks to being an ambivert, according to The Wall Street Journal. If an ambivert gets stuck in an extroverted role (constantly surrounding themselves with people and spending very little time alone) or introverted role (lots of time in quiet, low key environments) for too long, they can feel bored or burnt out.'




If I spend too much time with people ... or too much time alone ... I do get bored.  I do get burnt out from being around people too long ... and when I'm with myself too long ... I have to go be around people.




I'm in the center ... I can go either way being ambivert ... I can go from one extreme to the other ... I feel like I can have my cake, eat it too.  Some people are one way all the time.  I am not like that.  I'm the same person though sometimes, I'm quieter than others.  Other times I will talk, and talk and talk.  I never know what I'll be.




One can't take me for granted ... the only thing they can take for granted is that I'm a good person no matter what I do.  Sometimes, when I don't talk ... it's louder than any word I can say.



I took a quiz to see if I am what I thought ... yes, I'm exactly what I thought.  I love not being truly one way or the other ... that's me.  This is the answer to the quiz to tell me what my answers to the questions revealed about me:




'You're an ambivert. That means you're neither strongly introverted nor strongly extraverted. Recent research by Adam Grant of the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School of Management has found that ambiverts make the best salespeople. Ambiverts tend to be adept at the quality of attunement. They know when to push and when to hold back, when to speak up and when to shut up. So don't fall for the myth of the extraverted sales star. Just keep being your ambiverted self.'




I love my ambiverted self.  I can always be me when I'm true to myself.  Now ... I know the word to describe me ... ambivert.




Photos/story are owned, written by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I am like you-----ambivert! I am always myself. I figure if people don't like me the way I am-----they don't have to be around me. I can be the life of the party or I can just qjuietly keep a low key. That is just me. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete