Sunday, July 26, 2015

Past Forever ...

Past Forever ...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee






 Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee







Two hands ... clasped together
In binding love that lasted forever

Forever was here now
One just left, shortly after ... the other

In a golden shower of soft light
Two souls began to rise

From two bodies that lay close
On the bed they shared ... forever

The very air felt special, magical
One didn't feel someone just died

It was more a celebration of freedom
From the two old, wrinkled ... worn bodies

Peace was left on the faces of the deceased
One would swear both were smiling

Glad to be gone from this world
This world that was good ... bad

They lived a full life ... happy, sad
They lived forever keeping their promise

Made many years ago
I love you I do ... I'll always be there for you

When death do us part
Life will never keep us ... apart

When you go I will go too
I love you darling ... when you go I will follow you

Golden light faded to a soft glow
Two loves traveled to the other side

Hand in hand past forever
In life never apart ... when death came

They held hands, held on to the other
Where you go ... I will follow you

We are together past forever
Like stars and sky ... woven together

We are threads woven into fabric
Of the other side ... the ever-after

Few of the many before us
We'll be many when the few come

After us, when others go past forever
Repeating over, and over ... to the ever-after

After us, when others go ... past forever






Note by this Author:  Photo/poem are owned, written by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter.

I wish I could write what I feel in more beautiful words than I know ... I feel so much more than I can say.




1 comment:

  1. I love your poems! They always have a message in them. Beautiful!!!! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete