Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hire Me a Crowd ...

Hire Me a Crowd ...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter





































Hire me a crowd to cheer for me
Love me, adore and idolize me
As long as I have them ... I don't need you




Smile at me like I'm number one
Look up to me, pledge loyalty
Hire me a crowd to worship me




Pat me on the back ... job well done
Cameras rolling ... there's no doubt I'm the one
I'm the greatest ... proof is the crowd who comes to see




Vote for me ... you can't go wrong
Proof's in the crowd who has come to see
Look at the numbers ... I am the one




Sh-hhh, don't say that for anyone to hear!
They don't know I had to hire a crowd to come
No one knows ... no one would have come ... not even one!




I had to hire a crowd for me
To show how popular I am you see
No one ever knowing not even one would come see me




This is the trend in today's time
Nothing is ever as it appears on tv
No one knowing better ... the crowd's been hired by me




We all know everything we see on tv
Is true ... never no doubt
That's why ... I hired a crowd, you see




Vote for me as your president
I'll lead you somewhere ... don't know where yet
I want to look my best to my crowd ... I'll think about that later




When I get to be president I'll learn what to do
For now, I'm most popular, idolized
Proof's in the crowd I hired for you to see!











Note by this Author ... photos/poem owned and written by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.




I was inspired to write this by something I saw on the news this morning.  I couldn't believe, yet in today's time ... nothing is ever what it appears to be.  I should have known this was happening, also.



People go the easy way, cheat to get to where they are going ... never batting an eye or feeling guilty.  No matter how fair, not fair ... they get away with doing this.  Money is the name of the game.



It's sad because when we vote someone into office ... we look at the crowds around them, see how they react towards the candidate.  When you hire a crowd, you'll get the best ... they'll love you to death, and give a good showing.  So, how can one lose when 'everyone loves you' ... proof is in the crowd, you see.

1 comment:

  1. Never thought about things that way. I guess a crowd would make a difference. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete