Monday, October 19, 2015

His Memory ... Their Joy

His Memory ... Their Joy
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter













I would like to fly with the dragonflies
Fly in the breeze with fragile wings
Land gently on a pretty flower


I would love to be a beautiful, green dragonfly
With amethyst eyes ... golden wings
So delicate ... precious ... special


I would be a living memory that I once had a son
Who loved, was fascinated by dragonflies
I know I can't be a real dragonfly


So, I remember my son in the ways I know how




By writing, and ... making golden dragonflies
With delicate gold wire, beads of color




I leave them for people to find
A little treasure in the form of the dragonfly
Praying that whose life it touches ... brings a smile


A smile of joy, happiness in their hearts
They get to keep something special
At the same time, remember Tommy




Doesn't matter if they knew Tommy or not
Just as it doesn't matter if they know I am the one
Who made the dragonfly they found to keep


What matters is someone finds a treasure to keep
Remembers why it was created
In the first place ... his memory ... and their joy












Note by this Author:

I make dragonflies of gold wire, and colored beads in memory of my son, Tommy.  I leave them 'anywhere' for someone to find.

When they pick it up to keep ... they read the attached note.  Remember Tommy ... my precious son.

They will read that I hope the dragonfly brings joy to their hearts, a smile to their face ... and that I wish special things to happen in their life.  It is theirs to keep.

Photos/poem are owned, written by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee






No comments:

Post a Comment