Monday, November 23, 2015

BIG, OLD WORLD

Big, Old World ...
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter






Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter








Have you ever thought about ... what separates you from being at the mercy of this big, old world.


I look at things probably in a way you don't.  In fact ... I look at things in several different ways ... not one.  I don't take anything for granted.


The thought came to my mind as I drove back home from town.  I was thinking about if ... people realized just how small they are as an individual ... by themselves ... when they are out and about ... in this big, old world.  Have you ever thought about it?


Like when you travel by yourself miles from your family ... no one knows you, or cares what, when ... where you go.  It just doesn't matter ... you aren't anyone to them.


In fact, as long as their life is going well ... they probably never know when you pass them.  If they never see your face ... your eyes ... it won't make any difference anyway.


Only special people notice you in a good way ... only ugly, mean people notice you in a bad way. We just have to be careful when alone ... whether you like it or not.  There are predators ... out there.
You do always have to be alert.


I don't know if you are like Skip and I ... but, you just may be when you have big Hearts, care about others.  We are always paying attention to others ... we are some of the first to open the door for you, help you get your groceries into your car ... help you if you need it ...


If we are so fortunate to have a little extra money ... we will help you pay for something when we see you came up short at the register.  If we were rich ... we would do more.


We pay attention to little children running around without their parents nearby until we see them reunite with their parents.  We would step in ... if we saw someone begin to hurt them or make them afraid.


We notice older people, if they seem to be having trouble with something ... we walk to them ... and help sometimes, without asking.


If all people were like this ... no one would be murdered, injured, robbed by ugly, mean people. Unfortunately ... not everyone is like that.  I think about when being isolated ... one does have to stay alert.  I don't mean be afraid of their shadows ... but, stay alert when out and about in this big, old world.


Now, back to what separates me ... you ... from being at the mercy of this big, old world.  Unlike many of you ... I only have Skip and our two Pups and less than the fingers on one hand ... of friends that I treasure between me and the world.  Many of you have big families, lots of friends ... big support system.  Do you realize how fortunate you are?  I hope you do.


I feel fortunate to have what I have to keep me, buffer me ... from being alone in this ... big, old world.





Note by this Author:


This is something that popped in my mind this evening.  As I drove back from town ... for some reason I felt very small, fragile in this big world.  Have you ever done that?  I'm so grateful for the world I have ... Skip and the Pups, and our best friends.


Photos/my thoughts written, owned by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.


1 comment:

  1. I have at times thought about this big old world! You are so right! I wish others could be more like you. Can you even imagine how much better off the world would be? Oh how I wish that could happen. I know it won't happen in this world during our life time. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete