Wednesday, November 11, 2015

That's the Magic of Coffee

That's the Magic of Coffee
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter


























I sit here with a hot cup of coffee
Cradling, holding the cup like a child
Holding onto it ... to give me comfort

When something bad happens in life
Coffee becomes liquid gold
Warmth, soothing comfort

Comfort that's next to a mother's touch
Telling one everything's going to be alright
Close your eyes, dear ... everything's going to be alright

Firefighters fight fire, rescue workers rescue
People suffer bad things ... we all need to be comforted
We all want to hold a hot cup of coffee to warm our hands

Warm our hearts down to our souls
Shield us from pain, grief ... the bad in our life
Cradle the hot cup of coffee as tight as we can

Hold onto comfort as long as we possibly can
Close your eyes ... imagine your mother's hug
If not your mother ... someone you love with your heart


Imagine you are being held safe against the bad
Until you can gain strength to go it again
No matter how bad ... everything will somehow get alright

Touch your cheeks with the warm cup of coffee
Feel the pure comfort ... like a loved one's kiss
Close your eyes, smile through tears ... it's going to be alright

For the moment you are in ... a hot cup of coffee
Brings life-giving comfort ... warmth when you need it most
That's the magic in ... a cup of hot coffee







Note by this Author:

I don't know about you ... but in my life, so many 'bad' things have happened.  I am so thankful for a warm liquid to drink, let the warmth spread comfort as it goes down.

I am so thankful to get to hold the warmth in my hands ... cradling the cup like a little child.  Maybe ... for the moment I am a little child again seeking comfort from someone who loved me ... I don't know.  But this I do know ... that's the magic in a cup of hot coffee.

Photos/poem owned ... written by me.  Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee   (Note: My Precious Husband, Skip ... drinking coffee at Krispy Kreme ... he and our Pups are my whole world.)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh-------you are so right!!!! Sometimes that is all it takes to soothe a person's heart, soul and mind! Just something warm to drink--whether it be a nice cup of hot coffee-----maybe sometimes a cup of hot chocolate. Mmmmm-----that cup of hot coffee sounds best to me. At times we do miss a loved one that has gone on. We can drink that hot cup of coffee and it will make us feel so much better and help ease the pain we feel in our hearts. Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete