Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Tips Needed To Keep Our Dogs From Fighting Time To Time







I am looking for tips to prevent a fight from happening to begin with. It doesn't happen often but, once is too much. It upsets our whole life. Skip Bates and I are so close to each Pup that if we let one go, it's like losing a child. I know, we tried to let Dukester go to a wonderful home to a special person who loves Pitties. Skip asked me not to do it ... she was so understanding when I told her. Skip has been very sick ... and he began to sink into a deeper depression when he knew I was going to let Dukester go. I can't let that happen ... Skip, our Pups3 are all I have that's mine in this world ... they are my world. I love, treasure them and am thankful I'm not all alone. If you have sound tips that will help I would appreciate them ... but, don't offer tips that won't work. I need solid advice from people who have experience, know exactly what to do. I know sometimes, we like to share knowledge that 'we know' but, haven't really used, lived with. That's not helpful at all. Thank you.


I wrote below on MyLot.com where I write at ... asking for tips to help. Like a toolbox, I want to have all solid, positive, good tips like tools ... in it. This is what I wrote there:


FEBRUARY 25, 2020 9:07AM CST


I was wondering if anyone here has pets ... dogs, in particular? We have 3 big Pups (they aren't babies as they are 5, 6 and 9 years old).

We have a Rottie who is 9 ... I got him as a little 6 week old Pup. Of course now, he is big. He is precious. I named him Kissy ... he lives up to his name and is still a 'wiggle-waggle' pup.

Later, I rescued a Catahoula Pup. Her name is Camie ... she was dying when I rescued her. She had no hair and her skin was in the most awful condition. Anyway ... I was her nurse, guardian angel. She was mine, also ... I had lost my son, my only child. I can't tell you the darkness I was in. Through time caring for her ... I began to live again. She saved me, I saved her.

Several years later, we rescued a Pit Bull we named Dukester ... he was truly mistreated, not physically but ... he was on the big chain, left alone for days tangled in tree stumps unable to get to his delapidated dog house, water that was always green, and his spoiled dry food.

I could go on but, I won't ... you can guess how bad his life was, be right. Anyway, I almost had to beg for him just like I almost had to with Camie, even with her dying. Finally ... each owner came through, told me I could have them.

They've lived good since we have had them. They live inside where they are warm, cool ... have good food, clean water, lots of love and caring. They have a fenced-in yard ... and a pet door to come, go at will.

They know nothing but, love from us. This is what upsets me time to time ... sometimes a fight happens. Dukester will jump on one of the others. I physically break it up. Don't tell me not to do it because, it's not my nature to stand by and not protect. These are my babies.

I never feed them together ... there's always a gate up to separate the doorway to each room when they eat. I'm always watching, sensing, alert.

Does anyone have tips on how to keep Pups from fighting time to time? I have a spray bottle of water I call a 'No Bottle'. They respect that when I correct them ... I don't let them all get in the same space at one time. We've down-sized so our space is smaller.

They know only love ... they aren't ever mistreated. I just need to know how to stop our Pittie from sometimes, wanting to jump on one of the others. I know I'm not the only one to live with this with multiple dogs. I hope you will share your tips with me.

We don't want to give either up as their lives have already been bad. Kissy, our Rottie, hasn't ever known how it is to live a 'bad' life.

Thank you for anything you have to offer in the way of tips on how to make them never fight. Our Pittie is the very strongest because he has always pulled so hard trying to get to his food, water. If they kept fighting it's obvious what would happen. I can't let them fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment