Monday, February 24, 2020

Just ... Be Careful




I want to share my words here that I wrote this morning on MyLot.com where I write. I think they are very important, even to offering advice to families, people who are there for the other ... to use. That's to have a secret password, emergency word to alert the others something isn't right, danger. This way no one has to draw attention and can look without being noticed ... react according to the situation at hand. This is only from me ... I'm no expert on anything excepting ME.


I think my heart felt a little funny just now listening to the news. Especially when there's mention of the coronavirus, fear of pandemic.

I heard it on the news then, Googled it. It makes me feel alarm ... different from feeling panic. Just alert.

I think almost everywhere people have moved from other places, countries. People here, there ... are always mobile now. It's hard to not know someone who travels, flies constantly ... therefore, they are exposed to more than they know. We, who don't travel now ... are exposed to ... being around friends, acquaintances, strangers.

Here where I live is a huge hub ... everyone from everywhere in this world has moved here, are constantly moving here everyday. Good jobs, living, climate. So many new homes, apartment buildings and such through the past years ... it amazes me at such growth ... rapid growth over time ... and it hasn't slowed down one bit.

One can't escape meeting someone even going out for a simple errand. The thought is always in the back of my mind to be careful.

Just what does the words 'be careful' mean? Really, what does the words be careful mean when you go out from your home to grocery shop, enjoy a meal out, go to a movie, shop?

You are going to breathe the air others breathe, cough in ... and be exposed to all in the air. I know Skip and I are pretty much home-bodies not going out all the time. It doesn't matter ... we could go out at the 'wrong' time. You could do the same.

It's like all the shootings here now ... every day, night ... someone kills someone here ... it's always close to us. People now mug, rob others at ATM machines, in Walmart parking lots ... at supermarkets, just everywhere.

All we can say is, "it's here now ... it finally got here from the west coast". The reason we say it like that is because for years we traveled all over the country on a tractor-trailer knowing what was going on everywhere. It wasn't like this 'at home' ... then.

I used to be so shocked over all the drive-by shootings in LA. Skip told me that one day 'it would be here' ... sure enough, it's here 'big time'.

The locals are almost gone ... I rarely see them anymore. Everyone is from somewhere else. Of course, where people go ... crime follows. The wolves follow the herd ... this thought is always in the back of my mind. Predators always lurk on the outskirts of humanity.

Oh my, that doesn't count the sex trafficking here now. I can't believe how rampant it is ... and things happen in the parking lots of Walmart. Just in the 'used to be' innocent places we've all enjoyed pretty much safety at. Now ... if you don't at least be aware of your surroundings ... you could become a victim.

Now ... having just touched on a few things that are ... yes, that are alarming ... should I be afraid to leave my home?

No ... no, no. I refuse to give up ... because I know there are good people as well as the evil, vile ... mean people in this world. If all the good people shut themselves away ... they would give evil the whole world ... no one good could ever enjoy anything ... they would always be hiding.

Like many people who are good people ... Skip and I are good people. We care, we love everyone but, we aren't naive. We know 'good' people do evil too. An innocent smile, being so nice doesn't always mean someone really is like that. We've been around, traveled so much ... sadly we know better.

We are going to keep going out from home, enjoy life ... we will ... be careful. Just what the words mean ... be careful. We aren't going to live in fear, afraid of our shadow.

We keep an eye on all around us, though at times we forget ... we have an 'emergency word' we would say to alert the other to danger, something unusual. We would react accordingly ... to what the situation called for.

I would like to make a suggestion to people, families ... have one word that means 'danger, something not right, unusual' for all to whisper, say to the other without drawing attention if ... you see something, sense something you can't speak aloud about, draw attention to yourself. Maybe have a plan ... we 'sort of' have a 'plan'.

So, here's to us all going outside our homes to enjoy life as always for as long as we can (some people aren't so fortunate such as people in war-torn countries that breaks my Heart). In today's time ... no matter what ... when ... where ... we really do ... have to be careful.

Be careful crossing the road in traffic, be careful not isolating yourselves, be careful not to fall out the window, balcony ... be careful not to get burned by fire.

You know ... we've always been told ... be careful of so much since we were babies. So, 'be careful' is exactly what these two words mean ... no more, no less.

Now ... having written this ... my mind wants to begin writing a 'scary' story, ha! That's ME. I won't begin to write it here. I'm just writing what I think 'be careful' means in a good way ... not to scare anyone ... only to bring self-awareness when you go out from your home. We even have to ... be careful ... at home.

Note: When I write ... I write to myself as well as write for others to read. Sometimes, writing is a problem-solver for me ... or making myself think ... and if someone reads and gets anything positive at all from it ... it is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment