Thursday, November 19, 2015

Just Because One is Older ... Doesn't Mean They Quit Dreaming, Wishing, Hoping

Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee 




I woke up to the thoughts that because I am older ... should I forget my dreams, wishes, hopes?

Should I just lay down, die as soon as possible because there's no room for an older person's dreams, wishes, hopes.

Am I too old to accomplish anything in the rest of my life?  Should I sit like a piece of furniture without thoughts until I take my last breath?

I sat, thought about this.  Hell no!  I'm not letting go of any of my dreams, hopes, wishes.  Even if they don't come true ... they drive me to be the best I can be while I live each day of my life ... to the end.

Maybe ... there will be one or two people to remember me, think that I was a good person while I lived.  Better yet, somehow touching their life in a positive way.

I will keep dreaming ... I'm not too old.  I will wish for things I hope will come true in life for Skip and I ... our Pups.

What drives me to be that way?  I love life, I wish for good in my life ... my world, my loved ones.  What drives me is ... pure Hope.





Note by this Author:

I woke up thinking about such things this morning.  Photo/article owned, written by Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.

I will keep dreaming, wishing and hoping for all the days of my life ... no matter how old.  I do know dreams can come true ... miracles can/will happen.


1 comment:

  1. You have definitely left a wonderful and remarkable impression on me! You have made such a difference in my life. My life would not be the same without you in it. So-----no you do not need to be on a shelf the rest of your life!!!! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete