Saturday, February 13, 2016

Pretty Legs, Heels ... Short Dress Can Accomplish ... A Lot

Pretty Legs, Heels ... Short Dress Can Accomplish ... A Lot
By Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee/@GeeGranny on Twitter
























Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee






We all filed out of the car.  Damn!  It had a flat tire.  I was a girl of 15 ... very pretty, full of life ... good sense of humor ... and I have to say I was confident I ... could do anything.


That particular evening I was riding along in the car with my Aunt Ruby, and some of my cousins.  Now, the tire was flat ... who was going to change it?  I didn't know how ... neither did anyone else.


A vision came to my mind ... something I'd seen on a movie.  In that moment ... I knew ... how that tire was going to get changed.


I began smiling ... my aunt asked me why was I smiling.  I told her because ... I knew a way to get the tire changed.  She wanted to know how ... I told her I would show her how.  I was grinning like a possum.


I was glad I had on a beautiful, short dress ... heels.  As a teenager, I was dressed to ... kill.  I didn't even know the power I held ... as a young girl.  I was learning.


I heard a car coming ... I told everyone to ... watch this!  My aunt was smiling ... she just knew instinctively what I was going to do.  After all ... she was a beautiful young woman ... so, was her four sisters.  They all had beautiful daughters ... I was no exception.


I held my own ... I knew I was beautiful ... everyone told me so.  People would come up to my young, beautiful mother, they would sing ... 'Mrs. Brown, you have a lovely daughter'.  She was proud of me ... this was when no one realized she had a daughter.  I had come back to live with her.


As a young girl ... it did go to my head.  As I became older ... I learned ... pretty is as pretty does ... no matter how pretty someone is ... if they aren't good, kind ... doesn't matter how pretty they are.


I wasn't thinking of that now ... I meant to show my family I could get that tire changed.  They all stood back laughing ... grinning, saying this was going to be fun!


I stepped up to the side of the road ... stuck one pretty leg clad in a high heel shoe out for the driver of the car to see.  Not only that ... I had hiked the skirt of my dress up a little higher to get attention.


Oh my!  It worked like a charm.  That car slid from brakes being applied too fast.  The driver stopped ... what a good-looking man!  He was grinning ... I walked with my sexiest walk up to him ... asked him in a sweet voice if he could help us get that tire changed.


He wanted to change the tire ... and I stood near him ... I saw him peek at my pretty legs.  I looked up to my aunt, cousins ... everyone was grinning.  I carried on a conversation with the man as he changed it.


He finished up ... and I sincerely thanked him ... so, did everyone else.  I got that tire changed ... and I never saw the good-looking man ever again.  He seemed to enjoy changing our tire.  I was very proud that I could get such a ... grown up thing ... done ... and I was only fifteen years old.



A young girl doesn't know the power she has in her hands, I'm glad I didn't ... some do know, come to a bad end. Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee





Note by this Author:


I'm pretty sure that man knew what I was doing ... he went right along with me ... changed the tire. He liked me but ... I think he knew I was just ... too young.  It was fun ... regardless.


Photo, true story owned, written by me ... Gloria Faye Brown Bates/aka Granny Gee.


1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I never would have had that kind of nerve!! You did great! I am glad that man was a good man. You could have gotten hurt and so could the rest of your cousins and aunt. Now I know who to call if I have a flat tire! Love, Ms. Nancy

    ReplyDelete