Sunday, December 22, 2019

The Effect Our World News Has On Us



I was writing on myLot.com this morning about how the world news affects ME. I can't write about how it affects anyone else but, ME. I do hear others saying that listening constantly to the news can, does affect them in a negative way.

I will honestly say it does affect ME in a negative way because ... really, how many times do you hear 'feel-good' news? How many times do you hear 'happy, wonderful endings'?

When I do see a miracle story ... a heart story where people really do wonderful, good things no matter how small or big ... it affects ME in the most wonderful ways. I feel inspired, I want to be kinder ... I want to give, do things for others. How about you?

Sadly, our news reports so much 'bad' ... so much that is serious, somber, scary ... it does affect us even if we aren't aware. Look at how angry people have become in the past several years. Look at the hatred, disgust, awful things people are doing to others ... so much so, it merits lots of attention. We need to pay attention. People are hating so much now ... they go to extremes with their actions. They are killing someone who disagrees with them. They want, envy what others possess, clothes and shoes they wear. It's easier to have if they prey on the weak, take it from them.

Our world is a very scary place. If you are a criminal ... you know you have to watch your back, also. Everyone has become prey ... someone is always watching to take advantage of the moments we aren't looking, we aren't paying attention around us. The robber will rob the robber too.

Holidays are here until after the 1st of January 2020 ... you have to be aware not everyone is happy at this time of the year. Not everyone wishes you well, wishes you happy holidays, wishes you to be safe. Pay attention ... so, you can help yourself be safe ... help you, your loved ones have nice holidays.

Remember this ... YES, people really are like that ... Yes, people are really like that ... Yes, people really are like that.

Gracious, it took ME so many years to learn ... 'YES, people are really like that'. Why did it take so long? Because I wasn't 'like that' and I couldn't imagine another human being ... being so awful ... so not having any heart whatsoever.

I just couldn't imagine people wanting to for-real hurt, kill. Sadly today ... I know only too well. YES, People are Really Like That. You are wise if you will always keep that in the back of your mind.

Just pay attention to the people others have trusted ... trust now ... what they are doing to others ... have done to them. A lot of them were 'good people' ... no one would have ever believed. How do you think the ones who prey on others get away with it? They have to appear to be trustworthy, kind, honest ... someone others will trust their all to ... their ... life to.

No ... you are right, we shouldn't have to be afraid in our own homes ... when we walk out the door ... go somewhere. I agree. I do think, however ... one needs to be aware, always have a plan for if ... when anything could or would happen. No, I know we all aren't going to be on alert at all times. We are human, we relax when we don't think there are threats to ... us.

I think about how people have changed in just the recent years ... they have forgotten about manners, being the best they can be ... honesty, honor ... caring, loving. They are doing things now ... that truly aren't right.

Thank God for the people who are good people ... because they really are all around us. They will be your quiet people ... well, I'm sure there are loud, good people :) ... they see, they watch ... they know people aren't always what they seem to be. They are the angels who sometimes jump in from nowhere, out of the blue ... to 'save' someone, an animal when something bad happens. They will do it at the risk to their own life.

Below is what I wrote on myLot account. I'd like to share it with you. You can always comment to me on my Facebook page or here, or at myLot. I always answer back.

Note by this Author: I write about real Life. I don't have time to argue anything with anyone ... as I'm too busy living. I won't argue about anything. Why? Because no matter if I like, don't like ... agree, disagree ... I RESPECT your opinion. We all arrive at our ways of thinking in different ways ... we don't always think alike. Just don't push your beliefs on ME as I don't allow it from anyone. I sure won't push what I believe on you. It's called mutual RESPECT ... and also, sometimes ... liking others even if they don't agree :) <3

My words/photo are owned by ME, Gloria Faye Brown Bates



No comments:

Post a Comment