Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Dementia ... plus Urinary Tract Infection ... plus Dehydration

I haven't been writing lately like normal, but ... I will. Skip's been very sick ... I had to share from what because it will make you think ... if someone older, elderly suddenly becomes dementia-like and they aren't. Dehydration!
I didn't realize that one of the first things checked on an elderly person is taking a urine specimen ... to see if they have a urinary tract infection. It can make your elderly loved-one suddenly exhibit dementia-like symptoms. Skip wasn't acting like himself and I couldn't understand.
They are dehydrated and have bacteria in their urinary tract. I'm not going to risk sounding like a 'know-it-all' so, Google .... urinary tract infection and dementia in the elderly, dehydration.
You will always remember this ... who knows you might 'save' a elderly loved one that's thought to have dementia all of a sudden. This isn't so with real dementia now.
Google, and read, read, read. Talk to the nurses, doctors you know and gather your own facts just as I have.
I just want everyone who reads ME ... to know. It can make a difference in someone's life. This is one of those very important things we all wish we knew ... something seemingly simple ... do such terrible things.


No comments:

Post a Comment