Tuesday, April 9, 2019

I Have Created a Facebook Personal Fundraiser ... Would You Help Me?

Gloria Faye Brown Bates ... 2019 
 
 
Skip Bates ... 2019

 
 

I have created a Facebook Personal Fundraiser not for a fun vacation, to buy something anything special ... I wish I was but, my personal fundraiser is for something very serious.



It's to help us finish making an old mobile home livable ... it was being used for only storage. Not only that ... to help Skip and I to get a cheap set of tires on his pickup ... and to find out why his pickup is leaking antifreeze ... and to fill our small freezer, restock canned goods.

We have lived for quite some time going without on a limited income.  We never let anyone know we needed.  Now, I've had to publicly let the world know ... we need.

Thank God for the Facebook Personal Fundraiser ... especially for a person like me ... who has no family support, no one to go to ... to ask for help.  On the personal fundraiser one can ask for help and anyone can help ... no one person is being asked or pressured to help. 

I don't have to beg anyone ... though I have felt desperate at times because we have never been so close to being homeless as we've been recently.  Oh my, it's such a scary feeling. 

Skip has always provided for us and I've never wanted for anything. Skip has had several strokes, he now has the second pacemaker ... this one with a 3rd wire.  He was hospitalized 9 times and I almost lost him 3 times.  His kidneys shut down ...  one thing after the other kept happening to him.  

Skip began to have severe nosebleeds when he was put on Plavix ... and lost 2 pints of blood before I could get him to the hospital once.  These are only a few things ... I worry for him ... I watch over him and I am his guardian angel. I can't lose Skip ... he is my only person left in this world. 

Skip has always been so good to me, our Pups3 and Tommy, my son ... when he was living.  Skip's the kindest, most generous man I've ever known.  He is a good person.

Skip's health has been bad for some time.  I worry about him so much ... both him and I are older ... for the first time in our life ... and are facing things I'm certain many other senior citizens have had to face before us. 

The world becomes a scarier place when older and you don't have any family left ... who is going to care if you go homeless?  If you disappear?  You aren't a part of any one so, they don't have to care.

What is scarier ... is when your child is gone before you ... when you just knew they would be there one day when you are older to protect you from being at the mercy of the world.

We have to leave the house we are living in ... within 2 weeks now.  We were told several months ago that we needed to move just as the dead of winter set in ... and we were completely broke.

I had no one to go to ... to ask for help.  All my immediate family is deceased.  My only child died ... my whole world consists of Skip, and our Pups3.

I have had to go public using my personal fundraiser to ask for help in raising the money to do everything required for setting up a mobile home to getting all the work inspected before getting electric turned on.

These are the things the mobile home needed ... carpet and vinyl on every floor in it ... heat/air source ... water hookup ... septic tank & all that entails, plus hookup underneath to everything ... it had to be set up, tied down ... water heater checked out... siding/underpinning on mobile home (here, it's a law to now).  New doors (3) doors have to purchased ... two bathtubs to replace the old, cracked tubs, new fixtures on all the sinks, commodes, tubs.  I'm sure I'm forgetting something

We have to get our outside portable building moved there ... thankfully, the mobile home is across the road from us.  We have to have the Pups3's fence moved over there ... have a pet door installed for them.  We have all of our furniture, refrigerator and stove, dishes ... everything for a home ... all of that has to be moved.

Our friends found out about our situation and offered the mobile home to us telling us we'd never have to pay rent and could live there as long as we want to.  Oh my ... no one can believe what we'd been going through knowing there wasn't any place for us in this world for the first time in our life. When they told us that ... we were so thankful ... so grateful to have a safe place to go to.

They were working trying to fix it up ... they soon ran out of money to do it ... and I had to help ... and when on Facebook I saw the Personal Fundraiser.  I created one and all my friends, and people I don't know have helped to pay for a lot of things to be done.

There are still things I need to get ... and I am waiting until the last to hopefully put more food in the small chest freezer we have, and buy more canned goods.  Also, to check our the pickup ... it is our main transportation. 

We have two older model vehicles, thankfully we got them paid for some years ago.  We've had to neglect maintenance because of not having extra money after our bills every month on a limited income. 

I'm not begging anyone for money, I would like to ask you for your help.  Skip and I have always been givers ... through the years we have helped many people from our Hearts caring for their situations never knowing one day ... we would be in the same situation.

We have had many people help and we are so close to getting there to move.  We have the rest of this week and next week to get out of the house we live in. 

The owner wants to sell this house to better his own life.  Like us, he is older now ... and wants to stop working so hard.  We understand well, we care. 

I hope you will help us if you can.  Thank you very much from my Heart.  Gloria Faye Brown Bates




Note:  I have written several books, self-published them.  They haven't ever sold well.  I'm not the best writer in the world but, I did remember my son, Tommy, for always. 




#Homelessness is that close  
#Senior Citizens facing being homeless





No comments:

Post a Comment