Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Why? Maybe ... Because ... I Wonder?

Why?  Maybe ...  Because ... I Wonder
 


Written, owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates
(photo owned by Gloria Faye Brown Bates)



Why? does someone have to die
My answer is maybe ... to let others take their space to live?
Until ... they too, die ... isn't that the way of Life?

Why? does one's heart hurt when a loved one dies?
Maybe ... because pure love never dies meaning ...
One's heart will hurt always, forever

Why? can't all the tests in the world ... show grief, heartache?
Maybe ... because Love is invisible, powerful only seen in one's actions
When one is gone ... Love lives on though no one's there

Actions are only through signs from the other side
No one can prove they are from a loved one
But, maybe ... we know ... we KNOW

Today I remember my son, Tommy ... he lived once upon a time
He left unexpectedly leaving a void place in my very Heart
I put a key on my pain ... I wonder 'why?'

Ever so often ... my pain slips out unexpectedly
When I think it's well-guarded to not hurt anymore
I wonder ... why?

Maybe ... because I will love my son forever ... always
Whether he's here or ... there
As long as I love ... I will feel pain

I wonder why Love hurts?
I wonder if I quit loving would the pain go away?
Maybe ... but, my Love is always, forever in my Heart

I don't have to wonder if on the day I die
Will I think of my loved ones, my son who have died
I know I will ... I would like to think I would reach out to them

With open arms ... go toward the light as I am
A sunshine girl ... smile because pain isn't anymore
I won't have to guard my Heart ... I'll just ... be

I won't be here ... I'll be there
I wonder when we see reflections in the glass
If that's how the other side is?

Maybe at special times we can see them for a moment
Maybe ... they see us at all times
My attention always goes toward reflections ...

I'm always looking, searching for what I don't know
Why?  I feel if I look long enough I might see to the other side
Maybe ... I might see my son smiling back at ME

I used to wonder if I could walk, placing my hands out
Into the thin air ... maybe find an opening of some kind
Slip inside ... see what's on the other side

I wonder why? such thoughts came into my mind?
Why?  I sense Life, Death is so close to each other
That we can almost ... almost reach out to pull someone back

I wonder 'why?'
I wonder why I have thoughts ... why my mind weaves many colors
through words into my very fabric of Life?

I'll always write ... like a scientist maybe one day I will discover
The answers to my 'whys?' Until then ...
I will keep writing ... wondering 'why?'

No comments:

Post a Comment