Saturday, October 29, 2022

Christmas Lights Early For Skip!


 


October 29, 2022 ... Saturday Morning 

I am sharing my story I wrote on myLot.com.


In September Skip was sitting quietly... he began to speak. I knew it was serious by the tone of his voice, he had something on his mind.


Whenever Skip does that, I listen. I know it's important. It was important and as soon as I could I acted on it.


Skip began telling me he really felt this was his last Christmas, in fact he hoped to make it to Christmas. Not because of lots of presents and such. We don't have families around us like most people do. It is sad, yes ... but, we don't dwell on it ... we try hard not to. I make it happy as I can.


No one knows just how sick Skip has been, what he has suffered. He is finally getting surgeries to remove cataracts  ... he has been legally blind for so long.  This has been on top of having another stroke,  walking with difficulty,  having a heart valve replacement.  The list goes on ...


I always focus on making a nice meal, having a cheerful Christmas tree up. We stay to ourselves with our 9 year old Pup. We watch happy Christmas movies ... we both tear up when each Christmas miracle happens for people. We love to see good things happen for others. Oh yes, we love when it happens to us too.


Skip said he very much wished to have a Christmas tree up with pretty lights ... yes, now...  would be good.


I didn't have the money just then to get him a Xmas tree with lights. I had to wait a couple of weeks. I ordered him the prettiest 4 ft. tree and ... beautiful lights! from Amazon. I put that tree up as fast as I could, turned it on for Skip! His face lit up! My Heart sang! I felt such happiness,  thankfulness ... I got Christmas lights for Skip!


This was on October 5th! I kept my promise to Skip ... I promised I would have him a beautifully lighted Christmas tree! I got Christmas lights for Skip!



No comments:

Post a Comment