Sunday, October 30, 2022

I Have A Secret ... My Secret Is .....

 



Sharing from my writing site on:  myLot.com


When I went grocery shopping not long ago. I did something maybe I shouldn't have ... shouldn't have doesn't stop me if I think there's a good reason for it! Sometimes, I feel I have to justify in my mind ... sometimes, I don't.

I have my way of thinking about things just as you do. I will tell you what happened... when I tell all ... you are welcomed to voice your opinion ... of course with respect.

I walked by the meat department thinking about getting chicken ... we like chicken ... Camie, our 9 year old Pup loves it!

I always try to have portions of meat to prepare Skip's meals with. Myself ... I have a battle eating meat ... I truly wish I never grew up eating meat. I won't get into that ... I won't get on that subject with anyone. I will say I truly love animals.

Preferably I would always eat Metiterranean ... foods. I love colorful, beautiful foods ... vegetables. Mediteranean is my kind of food but, it's too expensive to buy for one person and buy foods the other likes ... Skip is like most men ... meat, potatoes.

So ... most of the time I buy food with Skip in mind. Before getting to the chicken display ... I looked at hamburger ... stew beef ... steaks. I haven't bought steaks in quite some time ... I try to get all I can from the grocery budget ... not spend a big sum on any one thing.

Well, those rib eye steaks were thick, nicely marbled ... the price was what I would pay. I had to think about it.

I continued to the chicken forgetting the steaks. I picked up several packs of chicken to put in the freezer ... some to cook, some to freeze in portions for Camie, our Pup.

I walked around picking up all I needed ... went to pay. I was putting all on the conveyer belt to be rung up. I was watching all move along on the belt to the cashier ... I saw that pack of rib eye steaks! Mmmm-mmm ... I must have justified them without realizing it.

Anyway ... I decided to cook them for a late breakfast ... I only cook once ... no more than twice daily. I don't cook big meals. I cooked them with a good steak seasoning, butter. Oh my, they looked good ... smelled good cooking.

I always leave my steak on the hot griddle until I serve Skip ... making sure everything is ready for him to eat. Once he is settled ... I make my own plate, iced tea.

All I put on my plate is steak ... when I sit down to eat I ... lack one thing to make my meal complete. My secret! I get up, go to the pantry ... I see what I need! I grab the box of Premium crackers.

I walk back, sit down at the table ... open a sleeve of crackers ... place 5 crackers beside my steak. Time to eat! My secret is ... I eat crackers with my steak!



No comments:

Post a Comment